Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provide agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
We are currently hiring an Agronomy Superintendent in Henderson, NE. As an Agronomy Superintendent at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for managing all agronomy operations from their location. In addition, you will provide agronomy sales assistance to any location based customer for services that include custom application, conventional soil sampling, zone sampling, seed treating, deliveries, variable rate technology and financing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists patrons at the location in a professional and courteous manner with agronomic purchasing decisions.
2. Coordinates services and operational needs for agronomy sales.
3. Coordinates with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the most cost effective use of equipment.
4. Creates and recommends specific agronomy programs that utilize seed services, precision farming technology, financial services and other marketing tools with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
5. Partners with and understands the functional roles of the other Central Valley Ag team members to improve the efficiency and profitability of the assigned location.
6. Delivers timely and accurate communication to targeted producers, based on intimate customer and Central Valley Ag brand knowledge to drive value added sales.
7. Develops an intimate knowledge of Central Valley Ag brands and delivers timely and accurate communication to targeted producers to drive value added sales.
8. Provides timely and accurate communications, demand forecasts, customer complaints, sales reports and timely requests for competitive pricing, etc.
9. Manages current customer accounts to include developing whole farm plans, forecasting agronomy inputs, price negotiations, technical coordination, contract preparations, contract closures, complaint resolution and contract collections.
10. Provides weekly reports on inventory activity to management.
11. Assists other employees in attaining Central Valley Ag company goals.
12. Participates in and completes company required training programs.
13. Participates in agronomy mentoring program.
14. Supports Central Valley Ag's RD platform by working with the Agronomy Consultative Services Manager to participate in RD platform series events.
15. Plans, assigns and directs work.
16. Completes performance appraisals, rewards employees, disciplines employees, addresses complaints and resolves employee problems in conjunction with division heads.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Yes – directly or indirectly supervises Applicators and General Labors.
• Integrity and good judgment skills required in order to handle the confidential nature of duties, tasks and information.
• Excellent customer service and public relation skills required.
• Must have a high level of proficiency with the internet, email and Microsoft Office programs.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and effective negotiation skills.
• Excellent planning and organization skills required.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to read and interpret documents required.
• Must have the ability to develop content for customer/patron and prospect correspondence.