- Achieve sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned medium to large size sales territory and/or level of account(s).
- Focus on personal sales targets, new business development and troubleshooting on problem or key local market accounts.
- Create and recommend specific agronomy programs to targeted accounts with the goal of increasing agronomy business.
- Spend a majority of time developing relationships with farmers to earn business.
- Utilize seed, Precision Farming technology, finance, and other marketing tools to grow market share.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assist the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location(s) assigned.
- Coordinate with custom applicators and tanks on the spreading, spraying, and delivery of bulk fertilizer to assure the cost-effective use of equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of new products.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations pertaining to chemicals and fertilizers are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Work extended hours in-season to meet business demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications (required):
- 5 plus years of Agronomy sales or related sales experience
- Ability to work extended hours in-season
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with:
- Extensive knowledge of agronomy
- Utilizing sales tools to achieve all goals and objectives.
- Relationship building with internal and external customers.
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.