Overview: A customer facing position that builds and maintains positive relationships with growers that result in developing new business potential while focusing on retention of current business, this will be done by frequent sales calls to develop relationships, learn customer needs and offer the correct solutions in a timely manner.
- Frequent sales calls to develop relationships and learn customer needs and offer correct solutions.
- Sound recommendations from knowledge of crop nutrients, crop protection, seed and insect/disease management.
- Create and assist in implementation of new products, new processes, and new programs intended to mutually benefit the producer, as well as Agfinity.
- Forecast fertilizer and chemical needs and coordinate with Director of Sales on purchasing, pricing, and programs.
- Maintain records of sales contacts and submit reports on a regular basis.
- Keep detailed records of all transactions, maps, soil tests, etc. to the highest standard applicable.
- Schedules seminars and meetings to update producers on changes in product registrations and environmental laws.
- Develop and present PowerPoint presentations to Agronomy Team and Customers.
- Associates Degree in Agronomy or Crop Sciences required
- Bachelor's Degree in Agronomy or Crop Sciences preferred
- Certified Professional Agronomist desired
- Certified Crop Advisor desired
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator License desired
- Minimum 2-5 years in Agronomy sales required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledgeable and pro-active in Precision Ag processes, systems and technologies.
- Keep current on industry safety regulations and company policies as specified in the employee handbook, and abide by the same.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of irrigated and dryland crop production that include Corn, Wheat, Sugar Beets, Sunflowers, vegetable and organic crops.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with our customers and maintaining superior customer service
- Negotiating/Closing: Identifies objectives and aims for the best solution. Balances own needs with desire to maintain relationships. Moves others to decision; ask for action.
- Ethics and Integrity: Possesses a strong set of core values and beliefs. Identifies and confronts unethical situations. Honest and above reproach. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Perseverance/Resilience: Demonstrates persistence; doesn't give up. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Keeps a positive attitude in the face of resistance.
- Demonstrated confidence in approaching new customers or presenting new ideas. Presents information in a way that causes others to listen
As a cooperative we are distinguished from our competitors by our excellence in customer service and we consider people our greatest asset. Every day our approach is to serve others and find a world of solutions beneficial to our members, customers, and our company. We are looking for values of integrity, customer focus, strong work ethic, innovation, and perseverance. If you are committed to these values send us your resume now and become part of The Cooperative Difference!