CHS – Hamilton has an exciting opportunity. We are looking for a dynamic Sales Manager to lead our team of experts who sell seed, fertilizer, crop protection and services to our farmers. You will recruit, coach and mentor the sales team as they drive growth in the Northwest and Southwest Michigan markets. We have the experts, we need a passionate leader who can help them succeed.
- Manage the sales team and activities for a multi- million dollar Agronomy operation to include Chemical, Crop Nutrients, Yield Point Precision Ag and Seed.
- Train and Develop sales team on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Agronomy division.
- Oversee the ongoing training of the sales team, requiring sales team to achieve and maintain their CCA, Certified Crop Advisor license.
- Ensure sales team is promoting the right programs which have been predetermined to offer the best returns for both the patron and cooperative.
- Ensure pricing is consistent across all locations within the division
- Work with sales team on competitive issues to guarantee the best outcome.
- Work with producers to earn new business and manage assigned key accounts.
- Work in conjunction with the Agronomy Department Manager to source best programs from suppliers, provide input into budgets,
- Ongoing communication with Management & Sales staff to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities as well as communication of sales programs, incentives and purchase options.
- Understand what margins are needed to achieve budget, take corrective action when needed to ensure marketing objectives support the achievement of designated budgets.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current & new product concepts; provide feedback for future product development.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Engage the sales team by way of CRM implementation and Professional development by way of Action Selling.
- Sales – establish and attain annual sales goals of agronomy products
- Value Proposition – establish and attain sales goals of CHS Branded products of Crop Protection, Allegiant, Agellum Farm Plans
Basic Qualifications (required):
- Degree with 3 plus years of experience in Agronomy Sales to include:
- Chemical Sales
- Crop Nutrient Sales
- and/or Seed Sales
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program
- Certified Crop Advisor license
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.