Ag Partners is currently seeking an Agronomy Sales Intern! Do you have a desire to research and learn more about Agronomy and precision farming practices? Do you display a strong desire to have exposure to customers and sales? We are seeking to fill this Internship for Summer of 2021
We will offer a 12 week paid internship to a qualified and motivated individual who will be responsible for learning our retail agronomy business and understanding management and operations viewpoints while working on special projects. At Ag Partners, you will find a team atmosphere committed to safety and excellent customer service with the opportunity to develop even more soft skills that will be beneficial in school and beyond!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Learn and research areas of agronomy, precision farming, corn and soybeans
- Assist agronomy team in scouting fields, on-farm sales, and customer service calls
- Analyze insect crop protection methods, fertilizer applications, insect management, etc.
- Learn retail agronomy business, management viewpoints, and attend sales meetings
- Conduct special projects for Agronomy Team
- Coordinate seed plots for grower plot days
- Works with the local agronomist on numerous agronomy supported activities
- Works with Seed Product Manager and Precision Ag Manager on special projects
- Responsible for an overall assigned sales/research project in conjunction with all corporate research initiatives including but not limited to taking pictures, sampling, and gathering data
- Present findings to Ag Partners’ agronomy sales group at completion of project
- Working with farmers that are doing sales/research projects and/or InsiteCDM observations
- Assist other locations, as needed
Interact with growers
Work in a safe & efficient manner according to Ag Partners’ safety policies Provide above average customer service
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license and good driving record
- Passion for Agriculture!
Ability to work overtime as required
- Pursing an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in an Ag related field
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Internship available at a number of our Northwest Iowa Locations including, Hartley, Albert City, Alta, Calumet, and Sheldon
Safety, Highest Standard of Integrity, Innovation, Results, Team