The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive.
- Promote the sales of all IAS products and programs with primary emphasis of crop protection products, plant food, seed, agronomy programs and services.
- Increase unit sales, gross margins, and market share by aggressively contacting and selling current and potential customers with in an assigned area.
- Provide necessary information to current and prospective customers to support products and programs, and assist customers in making production and business decisions.
- Communicate on a regular basis with location team members to keep them abreast of current crop production and business practices; products, programs, and services; and customer/prospect activity.
- Promote and coordinate Precision Ag activities at the location.
- Work closely with location manager to coordinate product inventories and distribution to customers.
- Facilitate efficient and accurate pricing, invoicing, and distribution.
- Submit weekly reports of contacts made and customer and competitor activity.
- Assist location managers in account receivable management and collection.
- Work with Sales Manager to quickly resolve any concerns or complaints brought forward by current or prospective customers.
- Actively assist in the development of individual growth and development plans and participate in agreed upon training.
- Support and help develop department and individual marketing and business plans.
- Keep an up to date database of all customers and prospects with in assigned area.
- Maintain required licenses necessary to perform job requirements.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possess sufficient knowledge of crop production science to advise producers on agronomy plans, products and services to secure efficient production, higher yield and improved quality.
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, deal with change effectively, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Post secondary degree or equivalent with education and experience.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Requires static strength to lift, push, pull, or carry objects with a minimum weight of 50 pounds. Also flexibility to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Also trunk strength and ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time. Some tasks involve repetitive motion.
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some tasks.