Peterson Farms is a growing family operation located in Central Kentucky which manages over 17,000 acres and produces various agricultural products. The company is structured and positioned for successful growth today and in the future.
We have an excellent team in place and are looking to add another key person at our Loretto, KY location as an Agronomy Data / Hardware Manager. This role is well-suited for anyone with an interest in GIS data collection, analyzation, and managing the tools to complete these tasks. We are looking for a detail oriented and driven person who will be responsible for leading data collection, analysis, managing data collection hardware and software, and making recommendations to the Agronomy and Operations teams.
Compensation: Rate based on experience and professional growth. Health Insurance. 401K. Annual Performance Bonus
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage GIS data collection tools and software
- Assist with procurement of data collection tools
- Training of Agronomy and Operations Teams on use of data collection tools.
- Ensure accurate recording and documentation of GIS records
- Focus on timely importation and evaluation of GIS data for use by Chief Agronomist and Management Team for timely decision making.
- Assist Chief Agronomist with administrative needs.
- 4-year college degree Ag Systems Technology, Precision Ag, Agronomy, Crop and Soil Sciences, or related field.
- Precision Ag, scouting, farming, agricultural services, or related experience preferred but not required.
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to research, analyze, and present data to management in a clear, organized manner.
- Experience with John Deere, Precision Planting, and Trimble hardware; Ag Leader SMS software preferred.