- Serve as a hands-on team lead in an agronomy facility, performing facility operations and providing guidance to others as needed to provide efficient, safe, and reliable service to patrons.
- Oversee all daily operations with emphasis on production efficiency, quality and safety standards.
- Schedule production to meet agronomy plant requirements; accounting for proper sequence, clean-out procedures, products ordered and current inventories.
- Act as a working supervisor, lead by example, provide general work direction, and foster communication with a strong customer service mentality.
- Supervise agronomy plant maintenance to ensure proper operation, repairs, and preventive maintenance requirements are met.
- Oversee and manage inventories, both ingredients and finished products.
- Enforce safety rules and administer all company and government regulations.
- Supervise training for personnel in regards to job duties, safety, equipment requirements and quality control to insure proper functions of assigned duties.
- Work in cooperation with company personnel to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Seek to improve personal skills and prepare to perform all support and fill-in duties when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of agriculture experience
- Computer literacy
- Must be able to work extended hours in season
- Must understand basic business principals of inventory management
- Ability to stand, sit, twist, bend, lift up to 75lbs
- Be able to communicate effectively with all personality types in individual or group settings
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an agriculture related program
- Agribusiness supervisor experience
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Agronomy and mechanical background
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.