- Manage a full service Agronomy operation, including dry and liquid fertilizer, seed, seed treatment, crop protection products and custom application.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Work with General Manager and Agronomy Department Manager to create and manage agronomy location operating budget.
- Work with Agronomy Dept. Manager to negotiate contract terms & conditions for all product and major services.
- Work with Agronomy Department Manager and Sales Manager in product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Work with General Manager and Agronomy Department Manager to establish strategic marketing plans to achieve company objectives for Agronomy products & services.
- Evaluate and recommend distribution channel development programs.
- Maintain ongoing communication with General Manager, Location Managers, and Sales Manager to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Establish & maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Soil Science or other Agriculture degree program (additional years of Agronomy operations experience may substitute for education)
- 5 years of agronomy operations experience
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Experience in Agronomy Operations or Agronomy Sales
- Supervisory experience
- Familiar with AGRIS accounting system
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.