The Agronomy Intern has an opportunity to learn about the operation of a large, multi-site, organic grain and processing vegetable farm along with the agronomic and administrative challenges that are part of summer production.
The Agronomy Intern supports the managers in collecting crop observations and identifying potential pest, disease, weed issues through scouting on a regular basis. This position collects data from production and trial fields to help direct in-season operations, as well as develop future changes to production practices. The Agronomy Intern provides administrative support the site manger to maintain necessary records for organic and food safety certifications.
Finally, the Agronomy Intern is expected to spend a portion of their time operating equipment (tractors, trucks) to directly assist in production, while spending the balance of their time scouting, recording observations and data, and facilitating recordkeeping.
- Self-motivation and ability to effectively work both alone for long periods and in collaborative groups
- Ability to occasionally work long hours and weekend days
- Valid drivers license required
- Basic computer/technology utilization skills required
- Basic agronomic and/or farming knowledge a plus
- Must be currently enrolled in college program
Learn alongside knowledgeable members of the agricultural community.
Obtain hands-on, beneficial experience applied to college programs.
Develop new skills for successful career in agriculture.
Become part of a collaborative and top-notch team!