Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative headquartered in York, NE with locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. Established in 2003, CVA has over 900 employees and is an innovative leader providing products and services in grain, agronomy, feed, and energy. You can find more information about Central Valley Ag by visiting www.cvacoop.com.
As a Agronomy Controller at Central Valley Ag in our York, NE location you will be responsible for maximizing the return on Agronomy assets by establishing a financial and agronomic strategy, metrics tried to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Participate in key Agronomy decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Consistently analyze Agronomic data and present Agronomy reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of CVA’s status;
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end Agronomy financial statements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a BS; a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus
- At least 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in agriculture/cooperative accounting
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage company IT System
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization wide strategy for location excellence, engaging company partners, and partnering with Division Leadership
- Passionate about central Valley Ag Cooperative’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of CVA to external and internal stakeholders
- Broad understanding of Agriculture, and Agronomy and Grain businesses
- Strong written, content development and oral communication skills
- Goal oriented and focused
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm and strongly proactive