- Sales Expertise: Recommend fertilizers, chemicals, and seed producing the greatest yield and profitability for members. Write up product orders and verify price to maintain margins. Submit orders for processing and follow up with procurement. Help coordinate product delivery or application with Location Manager. Grows the current market share. Assists in developing competitive marketing strategies. Agronomy Sales and Marketing Director (ASMD) will establish annual goals for AAM. AAM will complete a business plan for the ASMD for approval and execution. Identify opportunities to cross-sell for other areas of the business. (35%)
- Prevention: Develop plans for pest infestations and other crop related issues. Scouts fields to monitor crop progress. Communicates with producers on crop development. Makes recommendations for additional treatments or applications to improve crop production. Conduct testing and communicate the results to the supplier. (25%)
- Communication: Communicates with Location Manager regarding the timing of producers’ applications. Communicates with Agronomy Operations regarding field locations, provides application maps and instructions for product placement, and any other application concerns. Follows up with producers after application and resolves any application issues. Communicates with Office Administrator to ensure accurate records and billing in a timely manner. (15%)
- Analysis: Analyzes soil test results after soil sampling and communicating results to the producer along with recommendations. Communicates soil needs on the level the producer will understand. Collaborates with ASMD to maintain inventory at acceptable levels that assure service with a minimum of delivery delays yet maintain efficient levels. (10%)
- Customer Service & Safety: Maintain a positive culture for both staff and patrons. Greet customers in a friendly and courteous manner, thank them for their business. Lose no customers due to careless performance or services provided. Ensure customers are informed on safe product handling. Keep current on all safety practices and procedures. If conditions arise, make Operations and Safety Director aware. Support cross-divisional collaboration whenever possible. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Associates Degree in agriculture or related field preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in agriculture or related field is a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License is required
- Clean driving record required.
- Commercial Applicator License required (will provide assistance obtaining).
- Class A CDL required (will provide assistance obtaining).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in plant production, crop scouting or other areas of Agronomy obtained through internships, work experience, or family farms a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience as a substitute for degree.
- Certified Crop Advisor preferred.
- Experience with Integrated Pest Management techniques (IPM)
- Knowledge of farming practices.
- Knowledge of technical skills and abilities necessary to perform required job to establish standards.
- Remains current on industry developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication.
- Approachable; puts others at ease, give full attention, shows interest, responds appropriately. Builds relationships both internally and externally through professional and highly developed verbal and written communications.
- Results Oriented: embraces goals and goal setting to a successful career in sales. Self-directed; action oriented; likes a challenge; pursues opportunities; consistently high achieving.
- Negotiating/Closing: Identifies objectives and aims for the best solution. Balances own needs with desire to maintain relationships. Moves others to decision; ask for action.
- Ethics and Integrity: Possesses a strong set of core values and beliefs. Identifies and confronts unethical situations. Honest and above reproach. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Perseverance/Resilience: Demonstrates persistence; does not give up. Recovers quickly from setbacks. Keeps a positive attitude in the face of resistance.
- Ability to function independently where appropriate but to recognize when issues escalate and need to be referred to other resources.
- Ability to assess a situation and determine the best course of action (sound, good judgment).
- Moderate – walking/standing for long periods.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Pension Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Clothing Allowance
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Truck
- Annual Performance Development
- Company Profit Sharing Bonus Potential