Peterson Farms is a growing family operation located in Central Kentucky which manages over 17,000 acres and produces various agricultural products. The company is structured and positioned for successful growth today and in the future.
We have an excellent team in place and are looking to add another key person at our Loretto, KY location as an Agronomist. This role is extremely hands on and is a great fit for someone who loves to be in the field. We are looking for a detail oriented and driven person who will be responsible for leading our crop scouting team, developing recommendations for operations, assisting with data analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead scouting team in evaluation of corn, soybeans, wheat, and various other crops.
- Training and management of our scouting team (agronomist and interns)
- Communicating findings to Chief Agronomist and Operations Team.
- Focus on timely evaluation of pests prior to and after crop protection applications.
- Make crop protection recommendations to Chief Agronomist and Inventory / Crop Protection Manager.
- Lead soil and tissue sampling operations including data management.
- Lead scouting team in land evaluations.
- Assist Chief Agronomist with setup and evaluation of production trials and management zones.
- 4-year college degree in Agronomy, Crop and Soil Sciences, or related field.
- 3-5 years scouting, farming, agricultural services, or related experience.
- Proven strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to research, analyze, and present data to management in a clear, organized manner.
- CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is not a requirement but is a positive.
- Experience working with precision ag technology.