The primary responsibilities of this role, Agronomic Research Specialist, are to:
- Responsible for managing and prioritizing operations of a field nursery production system including planting, mapping, geospatial software, land use forecasting, compliance and equipment maintenance;
- Responsible for the implementation of unique and innovative technology solutions designed to improve research design and operational success through the use of new tools and methodologies to improve overall plant breeding phenotyping such as the pilot and use of geospatial systems, agronomic planting and data capture applications;
- Organize and execute day-to-day priorities of the team either alone or
as the leader of a small team such as: logistical trial planning and mapping, planting activities and equipment maintenance, and safety and compliance adherence in accordance with local and federal guidelines;
- Train team members on standard operating procedures, site and operation safety guidelines and tool operations;
- Develop new SOP”s and process improvements as needed;
- Actively participate in Bayer”s safety program by adhering to all safety policies and training. Perform safety inspections and assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel;
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage a multi-cultural team in a year-round planting schedule. Collaborate with and influence coworkers from other functional teams onsite to accomplish tasks;
- Engage in community relation activities including but not limited to
community volunteer efforts, sustainability activities, and participation in external educational events;
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons (including nontraditional daytime hours and potential for weekends).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- BS in Agronomy, Life Sciences, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field;
- Broad knowledge of agricultural equipment and row crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment with at least 1-year proven experience through the
combination of previous employment, internship, or full-time job experience;
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment;
- Capable of pulling, analyzing, and maintaining large data sets;
- Basic understanding and passion for emerging trends in agriculture;
- Basic GIS knowledge and geospatial data collection/management;
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Valid Driver”s License;
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs.
- Experience with seed technology industry or plant breeding;
- Experience with precision agriculture hardware and software;
- History of implementation of continuous improvements and new innovations through the work on project teams.
- HI Pesticide applicator license (or ability to obtain);
Domestic Relocation Assistance may be offered on this role.