Hagie Manufacturing is a leader in the agricultural industry in providing crop protection solutions to customers in the form of high clearance sprayers. For over 70 years Hagie Manufacturing has operated with integrity, putting the company and employees' best interests ahead of their own.
Located in Clarion, Iowa, Hagie employs nearly 305 team members. We continuously focus on finding employees who are positive, motivated and determined to propel our company forward with innovative thinking, optimistic attitudes, and encouraging teamwork. Our success has been a result of our engaged employees that aim to grow, and who are in it for the bigger picture.
We invite you to learn more about the Hagie Employee Experience.
Hagie Manufacturing is seeking a qualified candidate to be part of our Product Line Marketing team as a Product Manager in Clarion, IA. This position supports the overall relationship, profitability, and business development of Global Hagie solutions and supports implementation of specific strategies to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and business growth. Gathers customer needs, administers tactical programs, and assists in the development of overall plans and programs. Tracks and analyzes product performance and trends in terms of volume and profitability. Maintains close contact with customers as well as sales, manufacturing, and distribution functions to sense business conditions and trends. Coordinates and/or conducts special studies and promotional projects. Contributes to business and marketing plan development and modification.
- Supports ongoing business activities with assigned customers at both engineering and manufacturing levels.
- Leads communication efforts between company and customer in order to build/maintain customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Supports the development of new product specifications that provides technological advances and cost effective solutions for customers
- Works with sales and marketing management regarding overall relationship, pricing, margins, profitability, and business development strategies.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of the Product Development Process Light Touch (PDP-LT). and/or Customer Acquisitions Process (CAP). – Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Understanding of market segmentation and retail distribution systems. – Has a general understanding of the principles and uses the knowledge with assistance.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution. – Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of products, customers, markets and competitors. – Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Effective writing skills, including grammatical usage, persuasive copy and style. – Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Marketing experience. – Less than 1 year
- Field experience with regular customer contact, knowledge of dealer/distribution network, limited geographic area of responsibility, and broad product knowledge. – 1 – 3 years
- Project management experience. – Less Complex Project, consists of some or all of the following criteria: 5 or less persons on the project team; 1 or 2 disciplines involved; 1 or 2 facilities involved; scope in dollars is less than $500,000 and is determined on budget, revenues generated, savings, etc.
- Demonstrated team leadership and mentoring experience. – Less than 1 year
- Preferred candidates would have direct experience in seed corn production practices, general agronomy experience and Precision Agriculture.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% – some travel may be global
- Degree in a Business/Management discipline or equivalent experience. – University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline or equivalent experience. – University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in an Agricultural Sciences discipline or equivalent experience. – University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- Degree in a Marketing discipline or equivalent experience. – University Degree (4 years or equivalent)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.