Hunter Nutrition, Inc. is a specialized feed manufacturer located in Brookston, IN, just north of West Lafayette. We manufacture top quality texturized, pelleted, and mineral/premix feeds at our 58,000-sq. ft. plant. Unlike other feed manufacturers, Hunter Nutrition places the emphasis on quality rather than quantity. Our feeds are set formula’s, made with the best ingredients in our modern, efficient manufacturing plant. Better feed pays our customers back with improved health and livestock performance. We have a diverse group of both large and small customers, all of which come to us for high quality, better fortified feeds.
We’re hiring an Office – Business Manager who will have a varied role in both management and sales within our feed company to help grow our business. Responsibilities will include assisting with office duties, daily management, ordering ingredients, basic accounting, upkeep of feed formula’s, inventory tracking, and sales of our products. The role and responsibilities within our company will be expanded as you learn our business and industry.
What we have:
Hunter Nutrition’s employees enjoy a number of benefits, such as health insurance and a Simple IRA. Compensation varies depending to experience, $50,000 – 60,000/year. Please describe your skills, agriculture experience, and work background in your cover letter.
What you would be doing:
- Oversee various operations including, but not limited to, efficiency, organization, purchasing, marketing, and customer relations.
- Provide a high level of customer service to current and prospective customers.
- Assist with ad development and creating our newsletter.
- Occasional Trade Show Attendance.
- Support of the Nutritionist’s work.
- Inventory tracking as well as ingredient purchasing.
- Maintain current formula and feed tag information using MS Excel and MS Publisher. Communication with the State Chemist, FDA, and USDA.
- Customer service such as answering the phone, completing and processing customer orders, greeting walk-in customers, dealer support and completing customer literature requests.
This job might be for you if you have:
- Prior agriculture, farming, or agribusiness experience
- 2 years’ full-time experience working in an office.
- Enjoy working with livestock producers.
- Good Computer Skills.
- Microsoft Office experience with Word, Excel, and Publisher.
- A positive attitude, accurate memory, good work ethic, and the ability to pay careful attention to details and accuracy.