Welcome to Michigan Valley Irrigation. Since 1985, Michigan Valley Irrigation has been family owned and serving farms throughout the state of Michigan and surrounding area. We have 3 locations (Vassar, McBride, and Battle Creek) and are recognized among the largest irrigation dealers in the United States. We are a full-service agricultural irrigation company, proudly selling the Valley brand of irrigation equipment. From irrigation of specialty crops to management of wastewater, Michigan Valley Irrigation has a solution. We pride ourselves on being a true partner with our employees and offering a great place to work.
We are currently looking for an Experienced Agriculture Irrigation Sales Representative to join our team at our McBride, MI location. The position will involve outside sales with travel on-site to farms throughout Michigan. We are looking for an internally driven individual with strong sales and business development talent to proactively build long-term, profitable relationships selling our irrigation equipment and repair services.
We offer competitive compensation depending on experience along with bonuses, health insurance, 401K with company match, company vehicle, cell phone, paid vacation and paid professional advancement/training opportunities.
This position is for you if you:
- Have prior agricultural sales experience preferably in irrigation.
- Are looking for an opportunity serving agriculture in a fast paced, problem solving environment with independence and team support.
- Listen to the customer, have excellent communication skills, and strive to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Consider yourself, responsible, reliable, and motivated.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Have ability to work flexible hours and longer hours during peak seasons.
- Have a valid driver’s license and ability for significant intra-state travel.
What you would be doing:
- Travel on-site to farming operations conducting all sales activities and business development from lead generation through close. This includes prospecting new accounts, relationship building and servicing existing accounts.
- Preparing and presenting detailed sales proposals.
- Layout and design for Irrigation Systems and Infrastructure.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of product knowledge and proficient with Valley mapping software.
- Stay up to date with current market trends, research new technology, and aggressively pursue product training for Valley and other supporting equipment.
- Preparation and handling of financial documents.
- Participate in strategic marketing and business development activities for new products, clients, and services.