Centerra Co-op (formerly Town & Country Co-op and Western Reserve Farm Cooperative) is a locally owned and operated business serving the North Central Ohio area for over 80 years.
As an Agriculture Equipment Mechanic, you will provide quality customer service while using your mechanical abilities to service, repair, and maintain our fleet of vehicles and equipment. Our best technicians have a mechanical background with knowledge in agriculture equipment and both light and heavy truck vehicles.
Occupation Specific Tasks:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and conduct mechanical repair on equipment and tools to determine root cause. Basic electrical repair, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Participate in training and company meetings
- Complete service reports, order parts, and maintain clear records
- Actively communicate with other team members to ensure service is completed accurately and efficiently
- 2-3 years’ experience in maintenance and repair of electrical or mechanical systems related to ag equipment.
- Welding experience
- Ability to communicate clearly with management and other employees
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Ability to use service related technology and basic computer functions
- Valid driver’s license is required, clean driving record and background check
- CDL license not required, but will be needed. Training to be provided if needed.
- Attention to details, organized, good record keeping, positive attitude and desire to provide outstanding, professional customer service
Other Duties: Perform other duties including providing great customer service, making deliveries, helping other branches or divisions within the company as assigned by the Facility Manager.
The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator, both paper and over the phone, as he/she will frequently deal with vendors.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent, tech school or mechanic certification
Skills: Excellent verbal and listening skills, problem solving skills, strong attention to detail skills, and strong ability to follow-up and track customers and payments.