This position is responsible for accurate data collection of various agricultural growing systems, including citrus, tomatoes, sod, and other specialty crops. Candidate will play a key role in supporting the advancement of Locus’s product development and commercialization by conducting field research that allows the intern to use problem solving skills, practice effective communication, apply agriculture related skills, and more.
The right candidate will be familiar with working with agricultural equipment and understand the agriculture industry and plant and soil science. This position requires the ability to spend extended periods of time in the field collecting data and conducting treatments.
- Scout and observe visual differences in field and greenhouse trials
- Determine trends and calculate field application rates
- Assist in applications and management of products
- Collect field and greenhouse samples, agronomic data and support analysis of data
- Assist in harvesting of field and greenhouse trials
- Communicate with farm managers and relay information to Locus team members
- Practice proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and safe agricultural product handling
- Support ongoing field trials
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Currently holding or pursuing a degree in life sciences or a related field (e.g. plant sciences, soil sciences, geology)
- Classroom or practical field experience in an ag related setting required.
- Experience with citrus grove management or other agricultural operations preferred
- Ability to use written and verbal communication in English language required; Bilingual proficiency in Spanish language preferred
- Ability to perform overnight travel required
- A valid US driver’s license and clean driving record
Find out more about who we are at our website! https://locusag.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.