This position is located on the Stanislaus National Forest in Mi-Wuk Village or Pinecrest, CA. The position supports the vegetation management program in accomplishing planning, review and implementation activities for that program and other resource area activities as needed.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Michael Jow at (209) 288-6292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about this agency
- Duties are listed at full performance grade level GS-09:
- Plans implementation of the individual vegetation management projects assigned by the Zone or Forest Silviculturist.
- Through field evaluations, develops site specific diagnosis of treatment needs for site preparation, natural and artificial regeneration, animal damage control, release, and stocking level control.
- Makes recommendation to certified Silviculturist for inclusion/ modification of silvicultural prescription to accomplish land management objectives.
- Reviews planned projects for NEPA compliance and consistency with current laws and regulations.
- Leads plantation and natural regeneration survival examinations to determine if results meet site-specific standards developed through the Interdisciplinary Team planning and silvicultural prescription process.
- Develops sampling design and intensity to meet objectives and collect desired information as set by the silviculturist or resource specialist.
- Initiates revision or Sale Area Improvement (SAI) plans due to changes in sale contract value and/or changes in project priorities.
- Plans, prepares, coordinates and administers contracts for forest density management, release of target species, re-vegetation, animal damage control, release, site preparation, hazard fuel reduction, hazard fuel reduction and contracts.
- Serves as Contracting Officer Representative for natural resource contracts.
- Develops contract language, obtains and monitors contract compliance per specifications.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for training, meetings and/or project related work.