This position is located on Ozark-St. Francis National Forests, Pleasant Hill Ranger District in Clarksville, Arkansas.
This position is located on a Forest Service unit and provides technical engineering work on complete conventional projects of limited scope, or a portion of a larger and more diverse project.
- The responsibilities below are listed at the full performance level.
- Inspect construction materials and equipment for conformance with specifications.
- Perform final review of drawings and exercise judgment in selecting best design layouts.
- Provide technical advice in coordinating detailed site surveys and stake setting.
- Interpret engineering project notes, data, and specifications to prepare design and layout of roads, trails, bridges, drainage structures, and other systems.
- Conduct field surveys to provide data for civil engineering project designs.
- Prepare sketches, construction details, installation drawings and other technical products to support civil engineering projects and operations.
- Conduct inspections of civil engineering and construction project materials, equipment, construction techniques, processes, and installation to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Write reports to inform contractor, engineer, and contracting officer representative of quality assurance and control issues.
Occasional travel – Occasional travel with overnight lodging may be required for meetings, trainings, workshops, and field/site visits and reviews.