At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. We are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019 and by Diversity Inc. as #12 on Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future
Ag Professional Development Program – Technical Service Class of 2020- Crop Protection
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF’s Professional Development Programs (PDPs) were created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world rotational assignments within different domestic locations. They will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills, while fulfilling specific business needs. Participants also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF’s culture, values, and decision-makers.
Explore your sense of adventure! Build your professional network! Engage your passion for challenge! Apply for the BASF Ag Professional Development Program-Technical Service.
APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FOR STUDENTS GRADUATING BETWEEN DECEMBER 2019 AND AUGUST 2020
- Leveraging your technical skills, you will participate in a 12-month assignment at a BASF facility to provide exposure to various technologies and career opportunities while fulfilling specific business needs
- Effectively engaging across the business, you will become a Subject Matter Expert of BASF’s products and portfolio by providing technical support to business reps, key influencers, distributors, and retailers
- Your commitment to the business will be critical as you learn to develop short and long-term action plans, and anticipate responses for changing market dynamics
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
- Enhanced career development and value delivery to BASF through planned assignments
- The tools to communicate the value of BASF’s innovative crop protection products and services
- Upon successful completion of the program, participants may be offered an opportunity in a variety of disciplines within the Agricultural Products Group, including Technical Service, Field Sales, Marketing, Biology, Regulatory, or Customer Service
- A comprehensive program of employee benefits, including an award winning flexible work arrangement and 100% tuition reimbursement
Formula for Success
- Upcoming graduates (December 2019-August 2020) receiving M.S. or PHD in Agriculture, Biology, or Plant Science related field
- Demonstrated academic achievement with a Minimum Major GPA of 3.0
- A valid Driver’s License
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
- Outstanding work ethic
- Agility/Leadership potential
If selected, further interviews would include:
• Second Round interviews for all selected candidates will take place in Research Triangle Park, NC during the months of October and November 2019.
*Note: Dates and locations are subject to change
Visit us at www.basf.com/universitycareers
Interested in seeing where BASF is recruiting next? Click here to get the latest information on our upcoming events and to pre-register!
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent