At the Wonderful Company, we believe in investing in California’s South San Joaquin Valley communities where our employees live and work, including the youth of our communities… our future. Wonderful Education’s core purpose is to provide the youth in South San Joaquin Valley communities with experiences and opportunities that lead them to a promising future.
The Wonderful Company is seeking a highly-organized and self-motivated individual to assume the role of Wonderful Agriculture Career Prep Manager, Work-Based Learning. This is a fast-paced, program leadership role that requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels with both internal external stakeholders. Our manager will play a critical role in overseeing the work-based learning curriculum and experiences that are fundamental to the Ag Prep program of study.
The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a background in education, and an ability to work well with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. The work requires strong relationship building and detailed planning and coordination to build a seamless program.
This role will report to the Director of the Wonderful Agriculture Career Prep program and will be based in Delano, CA with frequent day trips throughout the central valley and some overnight obligations.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Work Based Learning
- Maintain curriculum to optimize work-based learning experiences (International Ag Expo, Career Workshop, Job Shadows, and Internships)
- Nurture existing relationships with Wonderful companies and create new partnerships with other agriculture businesses
- Negotiate job shadow, internship, and work fellowship opportunities with Wonderful and all other agriculture companies
- Support Ag Prep Coordinators to implement interdisciplinary projects aligned to work-based learning experiences
- Plan and execute Ag Careers exposure conference for all program 10th graders
- Plan and execute professional skills conference for all program 11th graders
- Support the implementation of middle school Ag Prep curriculum at partner schools
- Monitor and analyze company match (cash and in-king) for various grants
- Support senior leadership with data and case management
- Provide timely data and case management report to Ag Prep and school site senior leadership
- Support Ag Prep senior leaders to meet program goals
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of work experience in an educational setting
- Teaching credential preferred
- Experience working at a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization in a positive upbeat manner
- Flexible and able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- A passion for advance the education of students in the Central Valley of California
- Holds a valid driver’s license
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding focus, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work-Life integration.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4.6 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world’s leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.