This 12 – 18 month training program provides an opportunity for you to develop your skills and grow professionally. Once you have completed your training at our Inver Grove Heights, MN office you may have the opportunity to move another location. This location will be determined prior to a formal offer.
You will gain knowledge and experience, through on-the-job training, in many aspects of cooperative philosophy, operations and accounting.
You will learn to:
- Execute effective communication with Management and Business units to ensure the highest level of collaboration and trust.
- Execute duties in accordance with applicable safety and environmental guidelines and practices. Assist EHS Department in monitoring and promoting safety at locations.
- Utilize a risk based approach to assess inventory management processes and controls to ensure efficient and effective design and operating effectiveness to meet internal goals and governmental regulations.
- Ensure inventory management processes are aligned with the member/owners interests and CHS’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop and record Inventory management Best Practices to advocate, share with, and educate Country Operations locations.
- Perform in a highly objective professional and ethical manor to gain and sustain trust as a valued service provider and adviser.
- Actively engage in your personal and professional development increasing career potential and value to Country Operations and CHS.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Must have the ability to travel domestically 50-75% of the time.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- 4 year degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to climb storage bins several stories tall
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Able to relocate after training is complete
- Ability to travel domestically 50-75%
Preferred qualifications: (desired)
- 4 year degree in Ag Business, Agriculture Economics & Finance, or Accounting
- Internship with a coop: agronomy, accounting, or grain related
- Accounting or Audit experience
- Experience with report writing
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from Canada to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer.