ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interacts with internal and external customers regarding accounts payable.
2. Processes full cycle of accounts payable.
3. Maintains organization of accounts payable system (including accounting software, database tracking and vendor files.).
4. Reviews invoices and check requests.
5. Sorts and matches invoices and check requests.
6. Sets invoices up for payment.
7. Processes check requests.
8. Prepares and processes accounts payable checks and wire transfers.
9. Performs reconciliation of payments.
10. Prepares analysis of accounts.
11. Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up-to-date.
12. Resolves invoice discrepancies.
13. Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries.
14. Produces monthly reports.
15. Researches and prepares analysis to respond to internal and external inquires in a timely, professional and thorough manner.
16. May perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES None
Ability to communicate in a professional manner and establish effective working relationships with internal operations and external customers.
- Must be able to multi-task and establish priorities to consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Possess fundamental accounting skills such as general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations.
- Must have good time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong computer skills with an above average knowledge of Excel.
- Requires knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and standards.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounts payable or accounts receivable required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license.
TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY USED IN THIS POSITION
- Software: Accounting, Word, Excel, Email