CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance Shared Service group. We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor to manage a core group of accounting professionals and help maintain the integrity of the CHS IT reporting and transactional accounting. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to work independently, multi task and provide superior customer support. You must possess the ability to influence others, meet deadlines, and problem solve on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Manage, lead, mentor, motivate and coordinate staff. Create situations that allow them to succeed and improve the department and themselves.
- Lead the IT budget and forecasting process.
- Month-end close process which includes reviewing and approving journal entries, tasks, account reconciliations, and various other accounting items.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal management reporting needs.
- Maintain and enhance successful business processes and procedures are in place and followed to meet established business objectives.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
- 5 plus years of accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP, financial accounting, budgeting processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- IT Accounting experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.