- Collaborate with merchandisers, logistics team and accounting staff to ensure accuracy and consistency in contract execution and applications.
- Create shipments to apply on contracts. Understand governing contract terms involved in the various mode executions, interpret and apply accessorial charges and scales according to government regulations and contract negotiations.
- Interpret and understand the diverse requirements of origins and destination customers in order to execute business and maintain deadlines securing profitability.
- Investigate, negotiate and provide accounting resolutions with customers. Report on customer receivable trends.
- Establish relationships with customers (internal & external) to ensure accuracy of documentation, timely invoicing, collection and payment of all modes of shipments.
- Research problems or questions from all sources, complete appropriate general ledger entries.
- Build a strong rapport with other CHS offices and partnerships to establish and maintain positive working relationships to ensure successful contract execution between intercompany offices and profit centers.
- Administer accurate and timely documentation between intercompany offices, customers and corporate.
- Develop a thorough understanding of system requirements and implications of accounting information.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field to include: Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics.
- 0- 3 years of experience in accounting, grain, or customer service
- Proficient with MS Excel & Word
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Grain experience
- Accounting experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.