- Manage day-to-day activities of accounting staff by setting priorities and ensuring task completion.
- Lead, coach and develop accounting staff.
- Review various month-end close and financial reporting responsibilities (monthly, quarterly, annually), including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations and quarterly disclosures.
- Perform certain complex, high risk accounting activities that may include the evaluation of accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP.
- Analyze efficiencies and recommend enhancements to department procedures and policies, business processes, and IT and accounting systems.
- Utilize effective change management techniques to lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, recommend and implement changes to internal controls, and ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements (SOX).
- Collaborate cross functionally to aid in the preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors in connection with audits and reviews.
- Promote a strong control environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 7 years of progressive accounting experience to include:
- Oversight of month-end close processes, including review and approval of journal entries, account reconciliations, and quarterly disclosures
- Experience with complex accounting transactions
- Experience with internal controls and SOX requirements
- 3 years of supervisory experience with progressive growth in leadership responsibilities
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- CPA, CMA or MBA
- Public accounting experience
- Ag business related experience, including experience with commodity trading and mark-to-market accounting
- Experience implementing process changes and system enhancements and integrations
- JDE 9.0 & SAP systems knowledge
- BI and Insight Reporting
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.