- Lead, coach, and develop a team of accounting and finance staff.
- Lead the inventory accounting function.
- Work with Shared Services Accounting to ensure accurate Financial and Risk Management reporting, Audits/SOX, and General Ledger.
- Recommend procedural and department policy changes to the Agronomy Controller.
- Analyze efficiencies and recommend enhancements to business processes, IT and Accounting systems, ERP, and oversee business related project testing, training, and implementation.
- Utilize effective change management techniques to lead and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide support for current processes and systems. Work with business and IT stakeholders to develop enhancements or new project requirements.
- Develop strategies and assess the needs of various stakeholders for successful implementation of new business arrangements, including accounting and system processes, and other applicable components.
- Backup and support the Agronomy Controller.
- Represent CHS to establish and maintain successful relationships with vendors and related industry professionals and companies.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance
- 7 years of Accounting experience to include:
- Oversight of month-end close processes, including review and sign off of account reconciliations, disclosures and management reporting
- Experience with complex accounting transactions
- Compliance related to SOX/Audit
- 3 years of supervisory experience with progressive growth in leadership responsibilities
- Experience working with business stakeholders and liaising with Corporate functions
- Experience with business process mapping, system enhancements, integration, and/or implementations
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- CPA, CMA or MBA
- Commodity experience
- Experience facilitating or implementing new business and/or joint venture agreements
- Understanding of strategy, finance, and business expansion within Ag Business
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.