Cargill Risk Management (CRM) plays a key role in enabling Cargill’s strategic direction to strengthen its trading and risk management capabilities. CRM is on its journey to becoming a world-class risk management practice and continues to execute on its multi-year strategy is paramount to its success.
The Accounting Analyst role is a challenging opportunity to learn the complexities of CRM’s structures and products in a fast-paced environment. Utilizing strong accounting, analytical and communication skills, this role will serve as the accountant for selected product lines within CRM. This role works closely with other CRM functions including Operations, Middle Office, Credit, Marketing, and Trading. Development will include creating or enhancing accounting processes and gaining extensive experience with derivatives, applying knowledge to account for new structures and products with business growth.
45% Execute daily, monthly, and quarterly accounting processes, including performing account reconciliations, p&l reconciliations, following/enhancing control processes and researching/problem solving trade related issues.
20% Ensure month-end corporate financial and tax reporting requirements are met. This will require reviewing and understanding trading activity within the trial balance and an understanding of how new business or changes in business activity should be properly reported.
20% Produce internal management reporting and value-added analysis to the business.
15% Participate in business process enhancements, project work, and other ad-hoc requests
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position
• Accounting or Finance degree, designation or equivalent combination of working experience and education.
• Experience with general ledger reconciliations and financial statement analysis
• Working experience with MS Excel.
• Experience accounting for futures, options, swaps or other derivatives
• 2 years accounting experience
Success factors / Abilities
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Enjoys dealing with multiple priorities and urgent requests
• Deep curiosity; learns complex subjects quickly
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative to solve problems
• Strong internal control orientation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills