The position assists the area/zone or similar engineer and is responsible for providing basic technical guidance and in the overall planning, design, installation, and maintenance of the engineering phases of soil and water conservation practices.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical assistance in the planning, design, and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control, flood control, wetland creation or restoration, and other conservation practices.
- Plans and conducts pre-bid site showings, approves construction schedules, monitors work for compliance with contract requirements, verifies the accuracy of invoices, prepares receiving reports for plan estimate.
- Directs the quality assurance program, oversees government inspectors, recommends contract modifications, and performs others duties as delegated to contracting officer’s representative.
- Performs quality assurance activities, including site investigations and feasibility studies; conducting checks of field designs of structural works as prepared or approved by the State Conservation Engineer (SCE) prior to contracting.
- Prepares or reviews field designs and preliminary and final drawings and specifications on civil engineering practices.
- Provides technical guidance and training to personnel in the area of all engineering practices and in the use and care of engineering equipment.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.