- Perform financial close responsibilities (monthly, quarterly and annually) including but not limited to:
- Account reconciliations
- Record journal entries
- Update lease contract system information
- Ensure compliance with lease accounting standard update ASC 842
- Review legal documents such as leases, amendments, extensions, terminations and document information into lease accounting system
- Communicate with business units on lease-related questions including technical accounting.
- Ensure compliance with SOX internal controls
- Work with internal and external auditors in connection with audits.
- Promote a strong control environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 1 plus years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of financial statement presentation and disclosure
Preferred Qualifications: (preferred)
- Experience in public accounting and/or at large public companies
- Experience with SAP
- Knowledge of financial consolidation of multiple entities
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.