- Review transactions with varying degrees of complexity and prepare journal entries with proper support.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and ensure discrepancies are properly resolved.
- Compile and review data in compliance with external reporting requirements.
- Complete month-end reporting.
- Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of financial operations through automation, data access, and enhanced reporting. Assist with development and implementation as needed.
- Ensure appropriate financial controls and procedures are maintained in accordance to GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and company policies.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 5 plus years of accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Previous experience in:
- Excel utilizing formulas and pivot tables
- Process improvement initiatives
Preferred Qualifications: (preferred)
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with JDE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.