Accountant, General Accounting – Ag Services – Minneapolis, MN
This is an exempt level position.
The ADM Accounting team is seeking an Accountant for a role in Ag Services. As part of an evolving finance team, the successful candidate for the position will play a vital role in the general accounting service group. The functions of this group currently include completion of the monthly close process, including calculating and recording journal entries, reconciling accounts and analyzing monthly costs and results and assisting with other general finance activities as needed. Additionally, the individual in this position will have significant opportunities to identify and work on both business and accounting related projects. This position offers the opportunity to work within a strong team environment and support colleagues in the commercial and operations areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-7 year of relevant prior experience
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and communication skills as well as the ability to interface with various levels of management
- Self-motivated with the ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to travel as needed (20%)
- Ability to contribute in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and large ERP systems a plus
- Complete monthly accounting work per US GAAP guidelines and perform relevant analysis
- Complete annual review/revision of Key Financial Controls (SOX requirements) and process flows and work to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls
- Support others in Finance, particularly the Financial Planning & Analysis Group in the areas of results analysis, fluctuations, trends and outlook/planning
- Cost analysis, inventory costing and inventory reconciliation
- Partner with BU Finance on FVM and Risk Management
- Standardize general accounting policies and processes (design and implementation)
- Assist BU Finance with internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Business partner with applicable plant and commercial management
- Understand and apply relevant key financial controls and policies
- Additionally, the responsibilities may include:
- Plant yield, inventory reconciliations for various raw materials, finished goods, packaging, and ingredients and third party warehouses
- Product cost analysis
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, medical history process and a background check.
ADM is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.