- Achieve procurement goals for production acres within an assigned small to moderate size sales territory and/or level of account(s)
- Focus on personal sales targets, new business development, maintaining customer relationships and troubleshooting specific customer problems.
- Create and recommend specific edible bean programs targeted accounts with the goal of increasing business.
- Spend most of the time developing relationships with farmers to earn business.
- Provide guidance on planting conditions, planting timing, seed population, weed control, and overall crop quality.
- Understand the business functions of the employee team and assist the team in improving the efficiency and profitability of the location.
- Ensure product quality by consulting during crop maturity and crop issues; ensure product is harvested on time and with proper equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective public relations through customer education and the promotion of CHS inputs on all crops.
- Ensure that federal and state regulations are observed and adhered to.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned outside of the growing period.
- Work extended hours in-season to meet business demands
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications (required):
- High School degree or equivalent
- 0+ years sales or related business experience
Preferred Qualifications (desired):
- Bachelor’s degree
- Certified Crop Adviser License
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.