Innovative Ag Services is accepting applications for their 2021 Summer Internship Program. Innovative Ag Services is proud to recruit talented individuals that will be a good fit for us now and as future leaders in agriculture. IAS is confident in having the capabilities to provide the tools and resources to students to learn the ins and outs of a cooperative, as well as assisting with solidifying their career paths within the agricultural sector.
Innovative Ag Services is a full service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. Our 30 locations are located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. IAS ranks as one of the Top Agricultural Cooperatives in Iowa.
Primary Objective: To gain experiential knowledge in multiple areas of agriculture business while providing the company with feed sales abilities in a safe, effective manner for the benefit of IAS and its member owners.
Learning and work experiences include but are not limited to:
- Promote the sales of all Innovative Ag Services products and programs.
- Assist feed teams in the distribution of feed products, programs and services.
- Assist in customer and prospective customer market analysis.
- Communicate on a regular basis with sales and location team members.
- Assist in sales and feed marketing opportunities as assigned.
- Submit weekly reports of contacts made and customer/competitor activity.
- Participate in planned training and feed coordination meetings.
- Report and work with feed sales people and location managers to quickly resolve any concerns/complaints made by current/prospective customers.
- Complete 3 Feed Projects. Two with producers and one internal.
- Any and all other duties assigned.
Preferred Majors: Animal Science or related field of study
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Computer skills including spreadsheet, database and livestock records software.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, effectively manage change, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Class A or B CDL with hazmat endorsement, seasonal CDL preferred.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some tasks.