Our family owned and operated vineyard and winery have been in Southern Oregon for over 40 years, producing Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Blanc, and Gewurztraminer. We also produce small amounts of Bordeaux varieties.
For the 2020 harvest, Foris is seeking enthusiastic workers to be part of our winemaking team. Good candidates will have an interest in participating in the winemaking and grape growing process. Great candidates must be able to work effectively independently and within a team. This is a temporary position anticipated to start September 1st and finish on November 1st. Housing is provided for two candidates for the duration of work.
- Winery sanitation and other pre harvest work as assigned
- General cellar work including wine/juice transfers, tank additions, topping, and bottling.
- Fermentation management: punchdowns, brix checks, nutrient additions, inoculations
- Vineyard sampling and other lab work depending on experience
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous winemaking and cellar experience preferred.
- Previous forklift experience preferred
- Previous culinary, brewery, food or farm production experience preferred.
- Education in food science, enology, viticulture, or agriculture preferred.
- Punctual, responsible and motivated
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Able to lift 50 lbs and work extended hours in a physically demanding environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time and climb ladders daily
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures and adhere to strict safety procedures.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Apply online at: http://hire.wheniwork.com/jobs/forisvineyards
- Please submit your resume/CV as well as a cover letter speaking to your prior work experience
- Experience International is our contact for international applicants needing a J-1 visa.
- Housing is provided for two candidates.
- Applications open on Jan 1st, 2020. hiring and interviews on a rolling schedule until April 30.