At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Diversity Inc. as #17 on the Top 50 Companies for Diversity. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
- As a highly motivated Process Technology (PTEC) student or recent PTEC graduate, you will participate in an PTEC Internship program at BASF’s Geismar site: 37269 Highway 30, Geismar LA, 70734.
- Internship will allow opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience.
- Utilizing your experience in your area of study, you will help complete various operator activities which will provide the opportunity to further develop both technical and professional skills.
- Interns will have the opportunity to work part-time including twenty-four (24) 12-hour shifts, including at least 1-weekend and 1-night shift while following a BASF Operator.
- Successful candidates will be employed though a 3rd party contractor for the length of the Internship.
- Interns who complete BASF’s PTEC internship program may be considered as candidates for upcoming open full-time positions at the site.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
We offer Process Technology students the opportunity to work at BASF’s Geismar site. This program also offers students the ability to apply their Process Technology curriculum learnings to challenging assignments to build both technical and professional skills. Enhanced career and leadership development, and the opportunity to explore the Operator career track.
Development of your expertise and the ability to network at throughout BASF and establish mentoring relationships. The opportunity to join our Talent Pipeline for consideration of future opportunities within the organization as a full-time Operator.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success:
- Current PTEC student in the last semester of a PTEC program or recently graduated with a Process Technology degree.
- Academic achievement (minimum GPA 3.0) with letter of recommendation from Professor.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding work ethic.
- TWIC required.
Nearest Major Market: Baton Rouge