Schmidt Bros. Inc. was established as a grain, vegetable and livestock operation in 1937 by Lawrence and Hilda Schmidt. In 1941, Robert and Paul Schmidt continued the business. Today, there are 4 managing partners, 20 full-time employees, and 85 seasonal employees. Currently, there are 14+ acres of greenhouses, which are part of a 700-acre farm. The first greenhouse was built in 1951 and was used to grow transplants for the outdoor vegetable operation. In 1961, we started growing bedding plants. Today, we wholesale bedding plants, hanging baskets, patio planters, mums, fall pansies, and poinsettias.