Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 9-24-18
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. With operations in 13 states, CSS is one of the largest growers of chip potatoes and seed potatoes in North America. Our three main business segments include chip potato, seed potato and specialty potato production.
What you would be doing: The Farm Mechanic supports the Equipment Manager and Farm Manager in sustaining productive and economic farm operations by performing standard and advanced diagnostics, repair and maintenance on all farm equipment including but not limited to tractors, implements, engines and facilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must possess the physical body dexterity and coordination to bend, squat, twist, and crouch to achieve angle and positions required to perform various repairs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with the operation and repair of both gasoline and diesel engines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with hydraulic operation and repairs as related to pumps, controls, and transmission components.
A little about the business: Shenandoah Growers was founded in 1989 as a family-owned herb farm nestled in Virginia’s verdant Shenandoah Valley. Twenty-five years later, we’ve grown into one of the leading providers of fresh herbs in the United States.
What you would be doing: The Propagation Supervisor works in a fast paced and hot environment. This position makes quick strategically decisions. The Propagation Supervisor assists with the cutting and planting processes and serves as a liaison between the General Manager and the teammates in the department.
- 3+ Years work experience working in propagation with herbs/produce
- 2+ years of Supervisory experience
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English
- Experience working with Foods Safety procedures
A little about the business: Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
What you would be doing: This role is a member of the Site Leadership Team. The qualified individual will lead and develop the teams accountable for the Environmental, Health, Safety (ESH), Occupational Medicine (OM) and Quality supporting the plant and field operations at the site. The successful candidate develops and implements a site strategy that ensures adequate attention to all compliance programs in conjunction with the Site Leadership and provides overall direction for ESH, OM and Quality ensuring compliance and continuous improvements of these programs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, agricultural, ESH, OM, quality, engineering, technical, or related environment
- Results oriented leadership approach
- Experience coaching and developing others
- Proven track record of program development and implementation to gain results
- Capability to clearly present information and influence others through verbal or and written communications
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while exhibiting situational judgment
A little about the business: Walker Farms is a progressive farm operation growing corn, soybeans, and wheat and is looking for another key employee to help drive the business forward. Our operation uses some of the newest technology and is also involved in excavating and tiling, selling Beck’s Hybrids, and baling large square bales of straw.
What you would be doing: We are hiring a full-time farm operator/key team member that will enjoy a wide variety of responsibilities and experiences detailed below. Training and further educational opportunities are available as necessary. We value an employee that wants to grow in their knowledge and become a part of our management decisions. Responsibility and opportunities within the operation are limited by the interests, ability and ambition of the candidate.
- MUST have large farm equipment experience.
- Be safety conscious at all times and have the ability to follow detailed verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability and willingness to communicate with management on ideas for improvement
- Be willing to work as a team and assist others depending on the task at hand
- Willingness to work longer hours during peak seasons
- Have a positive attitude, be self-motivated and disciplined with attention to details
- Have strong basic math skills
- Ability to make decisions on the fly without supervision and complete a job to the best of your ability.
A little about the business: Over 80 years ago, Tyson Foods began on a small farm in Arkansas. Today, we maintain the core values we were founded on, while embracing new innovations and technology. Discover all the comforts of a big company with a small company feel.
What you would be doing: This position is a key development leadership position that is responsible for identifying, developing and commercializing new and improved products and/or processes. This person would work independently and autonomously to create work plans that will have significant positive impact on the company. This person is responsible for using consumer insights driven concepts to develop innovative products that will meet the customer’s needs as well as accomplish Tyson’s objective of profitable, efficient production.
- BS, MS or PhD in Food Science, Meat Science, Food Engineering or related field. No degree with minimum of 15 years relevant experience.
- Related degree with minimum of 8 years relevant R&D work experience. No degree with minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience.
- May supervise a team of hourly technicians that support a team of scientists. May also manage one or two salaried scientists.
- TRAVEL: 25% – 12+ domestic trips per year. Travel will be required to accomplish our internal and external customer needs, which will include customer meetings, plant production facilities for testing and commercialization of new products, process trouble shooting and any other regular business needs.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.