Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 9-18-17
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out the five we have highlighted below.
A little about the business: Berger Seed is a 5th generation family business located in the fertile Willamette Valley of Oregon, known for producing the finest grass seed in the world. Our products are used nationally and internationally and we enjoy the reputation of producing the highest quality seed, being responsive to timely market needs and doing business with integrity.
What you would be doing: Primary responsibilities will be to actively manage and mentor employees. We are seeking a change leader who can guide our team and effectively communicate with our employees, management and industry partners. Manager must be able to observe, compile, and analyze information/ data in order to suggest new ideas. In addition, they must participate in setting and executing company strategic plans, goals and objectives. Must be resilient and have values and ethics that align with those of our company.
- 15+ years agricultural experience.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Precision farming techniques, technology and equipment experience.
- Basic mechanical repairs & Equipment servicing experience.
- Comfortable driving and 18-wheel truck and trailer within Oregon.
- Oregon Driver’s License and a safe driving record.
- 4-year agricultural degree preferred (Farm Management, Crop Management or Agribusiness ideal).
- Farm endorsement or CDL is required.
- Private Pesticide Applicator License is a plus.
A little about the business: American Dairyco owns and operates three dairies in the southeastern United States.Our dairies have a total capacity of over 10,000 cows and are capable of producing over 200 million pounds of milk per year.
What you would be doing: You will supervise and coordinate the day-to-day herd health and hospital operations, train newly hired staff on proper Herd Health Standard Operating Procedures, and process and evaluate incoming pregnant heifers. You will also, prepare and maintain records and reports for all treatments and/or procedures related to the herd health and hospital daily activities and coordinate work schedules for Herd Health employees and track attendance.
Qualifications: Minimum 2 years in Herd Health Supervisory and at least a High School diploma. Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. and must have reliable transportation.
A little about the business: The Wonderful Company is committed to offering high-quality, healthy brands and helping consumers make better choices, every day. We grow, harvest, bottle, package, and market a diverse range of healthy products, including fruits, nuts, flowers, water, wines and juices.
What you would be doing: The function of this position is to provide tier three support to Teleflora’s server and storage infrastructure environments. This position works closely with application, web and database teams in the planning, design, installation and maintenance of all Teleflora servers, component services and related applications. The incumbent must possess at all times a total awareness of the overall corporate and business objectives and strategic goals.
Qualifications: Microsoft MCSE, Redhat RHCE, Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other technical disciplines and 5+ years’ work experience.
A little about the business: Shipshewana Trading Place includes Shipshewana Auction & Flea Market, the famously known largest flea market in the Midwest, the Farmstead Inn & Conference Center, Expo Barn & Event Pavilion, Shipshewana Auction Restaurant, Shipshewana RV Park & Service Center, and Shipshewana Livestock and Horse Auction.
What you would be doing: Some of the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, direct and manage all aspects of weekly Antique & Misc. Auction operations including, but not limited to: staffing, bookkeeping, and scheduling.
- Participate in sales and marketing initiatives; insuring a high standard of service, facilities appearance, and overall execution of operational needs.
- Staff office, auctioneers and clerks to keep a balance between supply and demand while balancing the amount of merchandise offered, crowd size and the duration of the auctions.
- Train and educate office personnel, auctioneers and clerks.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for buyer and seller to efficiently achieve successful Antique & Misc. Auction transactions in cooperation.
- Insure all supplies and equipment are prepared to operate weekly auctions.
Qualifications: A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing a staff and operations in the service industry. Antique retail, auction management, auctioneering, event coordination or other like experience helpful.
A little about the business: South Dakota Wheat Growers is an innovative grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 5,400 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. Despite the name, our members now grow more corn and soybeans than they do wheat. Wheat Growers markets approximately 160 million bushels annually – and has been serving member-owners with pride and integrity since 1923.
What you would be doing: Drives gasoline or diesel-powered tractor trailer combination to transport and deliver grain or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form by performing the following duties. Also performs plant operations duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have current class A CDL license, with doubles/triples and tanker endorsements.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.