Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 9-16-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Incorporated in 2011, Pecan Grove Farms and Nursery, is a leading pecan grower operating various farms totaling 8,000 acres across Texas. We pride ourselves on our state-of-the-art agribusiness management and are working towards becoming an industry leader catering to customers across the globe.
What you would be doing:
- Assisting the Farm Manager in operations and labor management.
- Coordination of operational tasks, crop management, harvest, processing and shipment of pecans.
- Agronomy responsibilities including weed, fertilization, pest and disease control.
- Maintain moisture levels using drip irrigation and micro sprinklers.
- Operation and mechanical maintenance of farm equipment.
- Fertilize, hedge, prune, trim and prep for growing season.
- Review production goals and reports and present to upper management.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures.
- Agriculture or Horticulture related degree or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to physically work in an industrial/farming environment.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record at all times.
- Be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must have mechanical ability to maintain equipment.
- Must be able to work extended hours during harvest season.
A little about the business: Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
What you would be doing:
- Manage all aspects of manufacturing of NovaSource products including raw material production and sourcing, active ingredient production and sourcing, and formulation and packaging production and sourcing for a modest sized but fast growing and complex crop protection company.
- Manage quality, supply and HSEQ risk at NovaSource suppliers and tollers. Monitor processes to be sure they comply with the registration requirements.
- Manage demand and supply planning to insure timely production and delivery of raw materials, inert materials and packaging materials, technical products and finished products.
- Establish and execute effective production distribution plans warehouse stocking in order to insure product availability.
- Maintain high quality relationships with all vendors because the new vendor approval process is a long and drawn out process in the crop protection business and replacing vendors is generally not in the best interest of the BU.
- Ensure all product lines have stable, long term suppliers of technical product and take action as needed. Identify alternatives if assessments indicate serious technical and/or commercial risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering with higher education being preferred.
- Technical knowledge of safe chemical synthesis and unit operations required.
- Experience in managing multi-step chemical synthesis and formulation operations for all formulation types.
- Experience in negotiating contracts with industry vendors.
- Working knowledge of organic chemistry.
- 15 or more years of relevant experience required
- In depth understanding of regulatory (including EPA and other country regulatory bodies, IMDG, DOT, OSHA)
- Working knowledge of industry vendors and their capabilities but even more so, a manufacturing network to be able to find reliable new producers and sources when needed.
- Responsible (creation, purchase and use) for COGS towards optimizing gross margin. Lead the team responsible for maintenance, purchase and use of about 100’s of different items.
- Working knowledge of SAP, MRP.
- Hazard Risk Management. Experience with HSEQ audits.
A little about the business: Welcome to Bridgewater Dairy! We were founded in 1998 with the desire to provide wholesome milk for our families and yours. The Bridgewater Dairy Group is based out of Northwest Ohio and Northeast Indiana, where over the last 20 years has grown to 6,000 dairy cows and 5,500 acres of cropland.
What you would be doing:
- Perform preventative maintenance on a structured schedule on all aspects of the dairy.
- Work with urgency on breakdowns to reduce downtime of the parlor.
- Perform both electrical, pneumatic and mechanical repairs such as filters, vacuum pumps, condensers, compressors, hoses, liners, etc.
- Perform repairs on agricultural equipment including planters, tillage and combines.
- Maintain communication with farm managers to share timing of repairs and any delays
- Identify areas for improvement focused on maximizing efficiency and reducing down-time.
- Assist with inventory management, parts ordering and vendor management.
- Have overall mechanical experience ideally in both mechanical and electrical repair with the willingness to gain knowledge in the other areas
- Hold similar experience with industrial maintenance, HVAC, farm equipment, diesel and/or pneumatics
- Can not only multi-task, but prioritize projects and ensure they are complete in the order that impacts that business the most
- Prefer to work in a fast-paced environment, can work physically on your feet most of the day and are willing to jump in to assist any project
A little about the business: Dawson Tire & Wheel is North America’s premier supplier of wheels and assemblies for the agriculture industry including application on center pivots, tractors, grain carts, sprayers, combines, forage harvesters and more. We’re family-owned and developed this company over twenty years ago out of strong need to serve the market. Today, we have five locations in the US and Canada and growing. Our motto is Helping People Grow, which not only included a focus on helping our customers grow, but also our valuable team.
What you would be doing:
- Plan and execute sales activities to new and existing customers within the territory
- Be a technical resource for customers on performance of various products
- Plan and develop ag equipment dealer network and market strategy to build potential customers/clients for the territory
- Conduct direct visits to dealers and distributors
- Maintain strong understanding of competitive landscape, market trends and industry knowledge
- Foster ideas from the field to assist in building our product portfolio
- Work cross-functionally across the organization with marketing, logistics and Dawson Tire leadership
- Maintain accurate account information and client interactions
- Attend and participate at trade shows to promote Dawson Tire
- Prior experience with agricultural equipment and/or ag irrigation with a strong understanding of the territory is required
- Proven track record of sales
- Highly driven individual who understands the urgency behind ensuring our customers have their tires
A little about the business: FMC Corporation is a leading specialty company focused on agricultural technologies. FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to enhance crop yield and quality by controlling a broad spectrum of insects, weeds and disease, as well as in non-agricultural markets for pest control.
What you would be doing:
- Support the design, development and validation of customized application equipment and techniques to optimize the quality of FMC product application.
- Interface with the cross-functional teams to ensure product application efficacy and quality across a variety of application, handling & storage systems; evaluate product compatibility with commercial equipment designed for foliar and soil applications for crop enhancement as well as weed, disease, nematode, and insect control etc.
- Use and develop sensing and digital technology, automated control platform, and statistical approach to enhance fluidics, application reliability, delivery accuracy & performance relevant to crop protection products and support in-house innovation of application technology.
- Develop testing procedures to characterize FMC products’ interaction with farming machinery and instruments; performed custom-engineering design for improved product transferring and handling system based upon droplet spectrum and FMC products’ attributes.
- Provides urgent in-season customer support and technical assistance to business leaders, sales & marketing reps, farmers and related farm cooperatives.
- Track and communicate relevant technology developments in the field, identify and champion potential opportunities to enhance FMC’s business and provide value to our customers.
- PhD in Agricultural, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, with a minimum 5 years of experience or Master of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural Engineering with 10 years experiences in an agricultural business;
- Experience with equipment prototyping and testing for electromechanical systems, ag. robotic, hydraulic systems, dispensing systems, automation and controls systems
- Understanding Ag Industry technology trends, familiarity with relevant standards (ASABE, ISO, and ASTM etc.), and ability to networking with internal and external experts and stakeholders is desired
- Good working knowledge of agricultural products formulations and delivery
- Application of knowledge of automation, precision agriculture, telemetry & sensing technology commonly in use on current farming equipment and associated digital data platforms.
- Strong track record of delivering results that lead to the commercialization of technology
- Strong technical understanding and application of engineering principles with hands-on skills
- Experience with process control system and strong programming skills with C++, MATLAB® or other languages are preferred
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.