Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 8-31-20
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Legacy Labor, Inc. is a Licensed Farm Labor Contracting (FLC) company based out of Cadillac, MI. We provide high-quality labor to agricultural farms across the state of Michigan and Wisconsin. We harvest many different crops and maintain and manage a variety of farms as well.
What you would be doing:
- Keeping Housing; Vehicles and Drivers up-to date with all current inspection forms and compliant with State and Federal Laws. (training will be given in these areas)
- Communicate daily with leadership and make a plan for the needs of farmers and workers
- Time Portal (is a digital time keeping system) Working with crew leaders to makes sure daily time sheets are turned in and are correct.
- Visit farms Daily (working with the crew and helping them out and seeing if we can do things better)
- Work Monday – Friday 7AM to 5PM. Saturday’s as needed. Sunday’s only in emergency.
- Attend Weekly meetings with leadership team
- Must be Bilingual in reading, writing and speaking Spanish
- Must have a good attitude
- Must be willing to follow instructions
- Must be a hard worker
- Must have a valid driver’s license
A little about the business: Advanced Agrilytics is an agronomic services company enabled by best in class digital capabilities providing growers independent, sophisticated and robust input prescriptions and operational advice. The company has focused on the major inputs and in-crop decisions as determined by value and return on investment within the overall system. This company is well differentiated from the crowded SaaS providers in the digital agriculture space given its impressive multi-season results and independent, high-touch business model.
What you would be doing:
- Scouting grower acres, in a variety of different areas and environments.
- Assisting in providing scouting reports for the grower customers at the direction of the Precision Agronomist and/or Lead Agronomist
- Taking part in soil sample collection efforts.
- Help to implement various research efforts across our grower acres. Examples would include our hybrid trial implementation and various starter and fertilization trials.
- All Interns need to have the ability to work both in teams and alone throughout the summer.
- Agriculture or Science degree track preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work under on-farm conditions.
- Understanding of current farming practices is of benefit.
- GIS experience a plus.
- Must be task/project driven and able to work independently.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
A little about the business:BioWorks has been a leader in providing environmentally responsible, safe, and effective biologically-based pest control and plant nutrition products for the horticulture, turf, and specialty agriculture markets for more than 20 years. Together, with our team of experts, our customers are enhancing conventional programs as well as developing leading edge pest control and plant health programs.
What you would be doing:
- Actively participates in promoting, supporting and enhancing our Core Purpose, Core Values and Company Culture.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes cooperation with customers, collaborators, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Fully embraces Great Game of Business (GGOB), Scaling Up, and all strategies and activities related to financial transparency and information sharing, including timely updates to revenue goals.
- Adheres to BioWorks, Inc. company policies at all times.
- Working safely and following all safety rules.
- Education – High school Diploma or GED.
- Experience – 0 up to and including 1 year in comparable position of responsibility.
- Complexity of Work & Decision Making – Routine duties, established procedures. Make minor decisions and some judgment required.
- Accountability – Objectives defined, most of how job is done is defined. Finished work not regularly reviewed.
- Consequence of Errors – Detected in succeeding operations. Work verified. Some trouble to correct.
- Customer Interactions – Contacts with departments and/or external involving simple requests. Requires ordinary tact and courtesy.
- Supervision Provided – No supervision or development over any employees.
- Environment & Use of Equipment Machinery – Constant and/or multiple exposures to undesirable conditions.
A little about the business: Our client is a privately held, mid-sized organization in the agricultural products industry based in Rochester, NY focused on increasing yield for their growers. They mainly sell through a distribution channel, but also direct to large growers across the US and Canada. They’re experiencing high growth and are looking for a marketing executive to lead them through a reboot of their marketing strategy and initiatives. The role is based 50% of the time in the New York office and the rest of the time you could work remotely.
What you would be doing: You will be highly focused on account-based marketing strategy and working closely across the organization to drive initiatives. You will be leading B2B marketing strategy, multi-channel digital marketing, social media, SEO, brand development and communications. You will be working on new product launches including strategy, pricing and initiatives along with developing unique selling propositions to differentiate our products. This is an amazing opportunity for you to lead a new strategy and build out a highly effective marketing team.
Qualifications: We’re looking for someone who brings a proven history of successful B2B marketing strategy. Our ideal candidate brings account-based marketing strategy (ABM) or highly relatable experience in marketing automation and targeted account strategy with experience in the agriculture or horticulture industry.
A little about the business: GreenStone Farm Credit Services is a $10 billion portfolio of customers, ranging from rural homeowners to global agriculture and food businesses, provides our employees with a unique opportunity to maintain a local presence while working for a top workplace. Additionally, many of our team members are highly respected in their area of expertise at both the state and national level making GreenStone one of the top Farm Credit associations in the country with 500 employees in 36 locations throughout Michigan and Northeast Wisconsin.
What you would be doing:
- Market credit and financial services and establishing new market relationships in the consumer and residential markets
- Utilize business knowledge to gain in-depth understanding of each customer’s current financial position in order to provide innovative and workable solutions to problems the customer faces
- Create strong relationships with business contacts/influencers
- Develop and maintain a significant professional presence throughout the local community in addition to making formal presentations to various local and regional groups
- Use knowledge of finance and agriculture to provide “value added” information about their customers and prospective customer’s needs
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, sales, agriculture or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in the consumer credit or agriculture industry, or equivalent experience in a closely related field.
- Basic knowledge of loan products and services, credit operations and government lending regulations
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.