Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 8-19-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing:
- Performs custom application of fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides with dry and liquid machines.
- Responsible for upkeep and repairs of the application equipment they operate.
- Understands and complies with safety and governmental regulations.
- Takes customer orders at liquid, chemical and dry plant.
- Loads and unloads fertilizer as required at liquid and dry plant.
- Collects soil samples as needed.
- General mechanical ability required.
- Integrity and good judgment skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Must be a quick learner and have the ability to multi-task.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
A little about the business: While our nation weathers economic storms, ProAg, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is positioned as a financially strong and well-capitalized insurer. With more than 90 years of service to our agents & insureds, we stand committed to continuing the principles that ProAg was founded on: Integrity, Loyalty and Customer Service.
What you would be doing:
- Responsible for developing, coaching, and training a team of underwriters.
- Give both daily and long-term direction to Underwriting personnel of the business unit. Supervise, evaluate, and adjust assignments by evaluating deadlines, workloads, and experience as well as providing standards and following up on work results.
- Provide a high-level of customer service. The Underwriting Supervisor responds to agent questions or concerns regarding policy and regulations. The position needs to be able to identify and utilize internal resources to help resolve concerns in a timely manner.
- Promote ProAg’s business strategies by preparing and delivering continuing education courses for agent trainings in partnership with ProAg’s sales team.
- Manage and communicate the results from various reports while meeting time sensitive deadlines. Monitor, manage and disseminate reports to agents as needed.
- Five years of crop insurance industry experience or related experience
- Expertise with underwriting concepts, practices and procedures
- Must be an exceptional communicator, with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- The ideal candidate will have an associate degree in Agriculture, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
A little about the business: We are dedicated to making the world of food and beverage better for everyone. Every day, millions of people throughout the world consume foods and beverages containing Kerry’s taste and nutrition solutions. At Kerry, we are proud to provide our customers – some of the world’s best-known food, beverage and pharma brands – with the expertise, insights and know-how they need to deliver products that people enjoy and feel better about consuming. Kerry is a company rich in heritage and resources. Over the past four decades, our focus on changing lifestyles, the globalisation of food tastes and ever-evolving consumer needs has brought us to a market-leading global position. Today, we are firmly established as a world leader in the food, beverage and pharma industries, with 23,000 staff and 100+ innovation and manufacturing centres across six continents.
What you would be doing:
- Be on the floor with the teams to make productivity improvements -analyze and evaluate project designs and ensure compliance with engineering principles and company standards for food processing; including sanitary design, operational efficiency, health, safety, and environmental sustainability.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to detail operations of new equipment or revise SOPs to reflect changes to operations, as the result of modifications to existing equipment.
- Write, debug, and troubleshoot process control logic using Kerry standard software including: programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human-machine interfaces (HMIs), and reporting, alarming, and trending software. Assist site engineering in the troubleshooting of plant instrumentation.
- Develop process specifications and systems by making calculations, preparing process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), site and floor plans, elevation drawings, utilities matrices, and other project documentation as applicable.
- Oversee all phases of assigned projects from inception to final operation. Responsibilities include project planning, estimating, reporting, organizing project staff, coordinating, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and financial control.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Demonstrated (8+ years) Engineering experience and 5+ years in Project engineering related to Food, Beverage, or Pharmaceutical
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Versed in project schedules, cost estimates, PFDs, P&IDs, site and elevation drawings, utilities requirements development, interpretation of P&IDs, with a good understanding of process and instrumentation control.
A little about the business: Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
What you would be doing:
- Promote a culture of safety and ensure that all warehouse transportation functions operate in compliance with all company and Government regulations.
- Ensure compliance to all DOT, Haz-Mat, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ensure that adequate staffing is available at all levels and that the necessary skills are present and that all are contributing their share of the work load.
- Lead the culture to deliver a world-class engaged and enabled workforce.
- Manage the transportation process to ensure that the appropriate transportation providers are available and under contract and that on time delivery is happening.
- Collaborate with the corporate transportation group to achieve shared goals.
- Bachelors in Logistics, Physical Distribution, Business Administration or related field. MBA highly preferred.
- Twelve years of progressively increasing responsibility and accountability with more challenging assignments in the field of Logistics.
- Experience managing multiple sites AND ability to relocate to Nashville, TN for promotion in the next 2 – 4 years
A little about the business: We built our name on providing generations of families with wholesome, great-tasting chicken. But today’s Tyson Foods is so much more. As values and behaviors around food have changed, so have we. Today, we’re innovators uniquely positioned to reshape what it means to feed our world. Today, we not only have the fastest growing portfolio of protein-centric brands, but we also offer greater transparency into everything we do. We’re passionate about food. We believe food is more than sustenance: it’s a vehicle for good. As we continue to grow, we are embracing our responsibility to drive positive change, solve problems, and make the world a little better every day.
What you would be doing:
- Develop business objectives and marketing plans for assigned brand/categories, reflecting overall corporate goals; seamlessly execute marketing plans to deliver against brand, financial and share objectives
- Monitor performance measurements to ensure brand is tracking against goals – recommends and implements corrective actions
- Analyze data to identify insights and translate into business initiatives and/or actionable tasks to drive results
- Lead/participate in development and execution of marketing strategies including brand positioning, communication strategies, advertising and consumer promotion initiatives
- Direct agency partners as required to ensure effective and efficient translation of marketing strategies into activation plans
- Lead/participate in development and execution of product and packaging innovation plans including concept development, feasibility validation, product and packaging R&D, business proposal and approval, project execution, customer sell in and tracking of in-market performance
- An MBA or equivalent education/experience is required
- A minimum 2 years of relevant marketing experience is required
- Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic thinking skills are required; strong communication and presentation skills are required; strong collaborator with a demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams; proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment is required
- 6-10 trips per year
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.