Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 7-8-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Welcome to Titan Pro SCI! Titan Pro SCI is an independent company that supplies agricultural inputs and crop insurance to growers across the Midwest. Our mission is to deliver a proven portfolio of value-added solutions that enable growers, dealers, and Titan Pro to prosper. As we continue to grow, we hold the same values by giving farmers the best tools for their acre through a trusted, local source – You. We’ve built a system of resources and support to help you drive sales and operate at your fullest potential. If you are a leader in your field, respected in your community, solutions driven, and entrepreneurial, we are the partner for you.
Titan Pro is seeking multiple highly motivated Dealers across the state of Wisconsin to facilitate achievement of the Titan Pro SCI mission, vision and sales goals through trusting, long term relationships sustained by effectively delivering end user customer support throughout the sales cycle in their local market.
- Current Seed Dealerships / Independent Agents who are ready to add Chemical and Plant Performance to their portfolio
- Independent ag businesses who are wanting to streamline their operation by working exclusively with Titan Pro Chemical and Plant Performance products, as well as having access to our Seed and Crop Insurance options if they so chose
- Agronomist or Ag Sales Professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to start or streamline their own business
What We Offer:
- Access to all major product lines
- Full manufacturer support
- Buying Power
- Rebate & Financing Administration
- Free Delivery with our in-house fleet
- Professional Agronomic support
- Returns Management
- Easy to use on-line ordering system
- Insurance coverage
- Agency style inventory model
A little about the business: Welcome to Hedlin Ag Enterprises! Hedlin Ag Enterprises has specialized in retained executive search for agribusinesses and agricultural associations throughout the United States. Why has it endured since founded by Larry Hedlin? It’s our philosophy and dedication to strive to be the best, not the biggest.
What you would be doing:
- Ensuring that all birds have their daily needs met. This includes adequate feed, light, air, water, and environment.
- Cleanliness of buildings
- Operation of manure systems
- Coordination with processing plant personnel on adequate gathering of eggs
- Coordination with feed mill personnel to ensure adequate and correct feed rations
- Preventative maintenance program design and implementation
- Ordering of all necessary tools and supplies
- Operation/maintenance of egg collection system to minimize loss and ensure clean breaking stock.
- Hiring and evaluation of barn employees
- Compilation and presentation of daily/weekly flock information and reports.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and reporting for American Humane Certification.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of avian layer production (or a strong desire to learn). The candidate must have good people skills with developed oral and written communication skills. The candidate must be able to use MS Word and Excel for the creation of simple documents – memos/transmittals. The candidate must have the demonstrated ability to organize, document, and then follow through on meetings.
A little about the business: Welcome to Sidhu & Sons Nursery! Sidhu & Sons Nursery was founded in 1975 as a 5-acre hobby farm. Since then, we have become a nursery wholesaler and propagator with over 600 acres for growing premium quality plants in the moderate weather of the Fraser Valley. We produce high-quality broadleaf evergreens, conifers, deciduous shrubs, trees and perennials. From start to finish, our plants are grown using the latest production methods on-site in our state-of-the-art tissue culture lab and propagation house. We are committed to supplying our customers with quality plants in large volumes and at fair prices, and guarantee quality in quantity!
This role is for you if:
- You have exceptional plant knowledge and a passion for plants
- You have strong interpersonal communication skills
- You are well-organized
- You can multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
The focus of the role:
- Source new sales opportunities through cold calls as well as researching accounts to identifying opportunities
- Visit customers to establish a strong relationship and build business
- Maintain contact with all existing customers throughout the year to understand and meet their needs
Quality candidates will:
- Have 10+ years of experience in horticultural sales; experience with wholesale customers in the nursery and landscape business is preferred
- Have exceptional plant knowledge
- Be excellent communicators on the phone and in person
- Have the desire and ability to travel 5-7 weeks each year for tradeshows and customer visits in the US and Canada
- Have strong computer skills – including a good knowledge of database management, Excel, and PowerPoint
A little about the business: Welcome to Central Valley Ag! Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers’ cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
The Business Intelligence Developer will be the strategic resource on Business Intelligence team within Central Valley Ag. We are looking for a talented BI developer who is versatile and creative, who can be an integral part of a small tight team that will build next generation analytics that support CVA and its partners. This role not only requires the ability to design prescriptive reporting solutions but also be hands-on in the database/backend data source to pull data using SQL to verify and test the visualizations. If you’re passionate about agriculture and want to help shape the direction of our next generation features and products for our Partners, and to make a significant impact on the lives of thousands of people, then we have the perfect position for you!
What you would be doing:
- Communication and analytical skills to effectively capture, develop and implement the business intelligence systems requirements.
- Collaborate with source system experts, customers, and other team members to determine data extraction, transformation, analytics, and reporting requirements.
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements
- Implement and support Business Intelligence solutions for the Retail Energy business.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and create proof of concepts.
- Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of BI and ETL processes while adhering to standards developed by the Technical Architecture team.
- Coach and mentor users.
- Participate in sprint planning and sprint review sessions.
- Participate in technical architecture review sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good working knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures within a business intelligence environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to model data coming in from different data sources into BI technologies
- Ability to design and implement core BI framework to drive analytics across the organization
- Excellent knowledge in designing and delivery of Power BI Reports, Dashboards, Datasets and related applications.
- Expertise in working with a team of Data Scientists to generate Advanced Analytics on structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with defect triage, analysis, and resolution.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree or significant work experience with will be considered in lieu of a college degree
A little about the business: Welcome to J & K Grain Farms! We’re a family owned, progressive farming operation growing corn, soybeans, and sugar beets in Mooreton, ND. We are located about 45 miles south of Fargo, ND. We’re looking for someone as passionate about agriculture and farming as we are. We run modern equipment and pride ourselves on having a great team environment.
We’re hiring for a full-time Farm Equipment Operator where you will be operating farm equipment, performing light equipment maintenance, as well as performing other general farm work.
We Offer a competitive compensation package, along with 100% paid health insurance, retirement with 3% match and paid time off.
What you would be doing:
- Operating farm equipment including sugar beet equipment, tractors, combines, trucks and more.
- Assisting with light equipment maintenance in the shop and in field.
- Maintain the cleanliness, organization and appearance of the farm, machinery and land.
- Other farm duties as necessary.
- Prior experience operating heavy equipment in Farming, Agriculture or relatable fields such as military, construction, etc.
- Mechanical ability or strong willingness to learn.
- Ability to work well with a team, good problem-solving skills, and reputation for being punctual.
- Enjoy working outdoors and are comfortable with the longer hours required during peak seasons.
- A CDL is a plus but not required.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.