Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 7-15-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Welcome to Stine Seed Company! We are the country’s largest privately-owned seed company, specializing in soybean and corn genetics, headquartered in Adel, Iowa. The Stine name has a proud history dating to the 1940s when Bill Stine began cleaning public variety of soybean seed with a portable cleaner. Since then, Stine has grown and expanded, becoming one of the most recognized and respected names in the corn and soybean industry, owning more than 800 patents.
What you will be doing:
- Learn and understand day-to-day needs and issues of assigned ISRs through regular communication and by spending a minimum of 3 days a month in the territory with the ISR.
- Develop and maintain a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Stine seed products and services applicable to the assigned territory
- Assist ISRs in the development and management of key prospect lists, new dealers, direct grower recruitment, and monitor their progress toward stated goals.
- Organize and lead regional meetings
- Assist with development, design, planting and harvest of Yield in the Field (YIF) plots.
- Understand and implement marketing initiatives while driving key products and services in key target markets
- Communicate and implement Stine’s sales programs and policies within the assigned territory in order to meet sales goals for the district
- Three or more years of sales experience in agronomy, crop health and/or seed
- Prior success leading a sales team
- Demonstrated knowledge of proven sales techniques and an ability to coach
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work with multiple team members to meet established goals
A little about the business: We’re an Irrigation dealership in rural Colorado, providing grower services, irrigation equipment, parts and service, and precision ag to our growers across Colorado. We strive to be the preeminent agricultural solutions provider with a passion for Ag and a deep appreciation and understanding of the challenges that face our farm customers.
What you would be doing
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and conduct mechanical repair on center pivot, linear and corner irrigation systems using test equipment and tools to determine root cause. Basic electrical repair, gear boxes, leaks etc.
- Work directly with farm growers in order to communicate repairs made, share available products and services to meet their needs and provide instruction on operating irrigation and Ag equipment
- Work with installation crews on the erection of new equipment and have the ability to read and interpret schematics, blueprints, diagrams and operations manuals
- Participate in training and company meetings
- Maintain company vehicle, tools, and equipment
- Complete service reports, order parts, and maintain clear customer records
- 5+ years’ experience in maintenance and repair of agriculture irrigation systems or farm equipment
- Ability to work year-round overtime and in the outdoors
- Ability to communicate clearly with our customers in agriculture, management, and other employees
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, and ability to be certified in heavy equipment operation
- Ability to use service related technology and basic computer functions
- Valid driver’s license is required, clean driving record and background check
- Attention to details, positive attitude and desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Willingness to travel within the territory
A little about the business: Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc. (TKI), is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
What you would be doing:
- Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
- Research and identify sales opportunities for TKI Crop Vitality products within the assigned region.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Develop quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown in the assigned region.
Key Knowledge Skills and Behaviors:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition or other life sciences and/or a combination of education and experience is required.
- Possess or willing to obtain a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license.
- At least, 3 to 5 years of field experience in plant nutrition, soil science or other agricultural related science – technical understanding of plant nutrition is essential.
- Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
A little about the business:At AGCO you have a voice and the opportunity to impact our long-term success, as well as your own. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of approximately 3,000 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. While headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, AGCO has manufacturing facilities all over the world creating and distributing their full-line of products, including Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra. Join AGCO and become part of a diverse team and grow your career in ways you never imagined. It’s time to embrace your infinite possibilities!
What you would be doing:
- Manage assigned training projects following AGCO’s Training Excellence process by working with business owners, subject matter experts and other cross functional partners to develop and deliver innovative and engaging online, face-to-face and virtual training content, instructor guides, evaluations, and performance support tools.
- Proactively determine dealer training needs (based on dealer feedback and contact with AGCO Field personnel) and recommend relevant training plans to management.
- Facilitate individual training programs as assigned and within budget.
- Develop and distribute training materials per individual program requirements.
- Become proficient in the many AGCO Systems the team supports to provide superior service and training support to our dealers.
- Demonstrated training content development and delivery experience is required, computer software training experience preferred.
- Facilitation experience, face-to-face and/or virtual, is required (Certification is preferred).
- Effective verbal and written Communication skills are required.
- Project Management skills to manage multiple training projects simultaneously.
A little about the business: As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
What you would be doing:
- Work with Bioinformatics Scientists to Docker-package analytics for deployment in cloud-based pipelines
- Ensure that implemented solutions follow software development best practices and principles that adhere to compliance regulations
- Work with bioinformatics scientists and software engineers to develop test strategies and test infrastructure
- Collaborate with bioinformatics and cancer genomics scientists to deliver high-quality oncology analytics pipelines
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics, information systems or other related field; or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration systems (e.g. Docker Swarm, AWS)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience working with version control systems and CICD tools
- Advanced knowledge of a programming language such as Python and a shell scripting language
- Demonstrate outstanding personal initiative and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.