Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 6-3-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Welcome to Circle L Irrigation. We are a Valley Irrigation dealership located in Northeast, CO. We are passionate and dedicated to serving our local growers with not only the best service, but also with the best irrigation solutions in our area of the state and neighboring states. Valley is the leader in precision irrigation.
What you would be doing: We’re hiring a full-time, year-round Field Service Technician for our dealership in Sterling, CO. You will be traveling locally on-site to farms to provide both mechanical and basic electrical repair to irrigation equipment and well pumps. You will be providing top-notch customers service while troubleshooting, servicing, reconditioning and/or installing systems. We are a smaller dealership so you will have a wide variety of activities. If you enjoy being out in the elements and working on equipment throughout the year this is a great opportunity.
- Prior maintenance and repair background especially in mechanical, welding and/or electrical repairs.
- Prior farming and/or agriculture experience or strong understanding of the industry highly preferred.
- The ability to work year-round with peak hours during Spring/Summer (50-60 hours per week), work outdoors, and lift up to 75 lbs.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, ability to obtain and maintain a class A CDL and pass a drug test.
- A desire to work on equipment and are known for being a hard worker, self-motivated, honest, great communicator, and problem solver.
A little about the business: Welcome to New Day Farms! We are a family owned and operated egg production and processing company headquartered in Lake Mills, WI founded in 1965. As a top-5 domestic egg producer with facilities located in four states across the Midwest, we are dedicated to providing liquid and shell egg to the food processing and restaurant industries.
What you would be doing:
- Supervises daily operations of the production staff
- Plans, assigns and prioritizes work assignments to production staff
- Ensures hen safety and well-being by performing regular inspections of houses
- Implements policies and procedures as need. Recommends improvements in production methods.
- Effectively supervises staff by providing coaching, training and direction to production personnel. Ensures performance appraisals are provided in a timely and effective manner. Addresses and responds to performance issues, provides employees with development opportunities and feedback.
- Train new and existing personnel on proper bird handling, proper euthanization, company GAP’s, and Bio-security. Document the trainings for new hires and the company required annual trainings.
- Supervises department performance measures and ensures procedures are in place. Ensures that production reporting is accurately maintained.
- Technical, Vocational, Associate’s or B.S. Degree in business management, poultry science, animal science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 2-5+ years’ experience working and/or supervising an animal farming operation, preferred
- 2-5+ years’ experience supervising personnel (preferably in an agricultural or manufacturing environment) preferred
- Comfort in working on a computer
- Effective leadership skills demonstrated by motivating, developing, coaching and mentoring others in a manner that ensures an environment exists which enables the workforce to achieve excellence.
- Monitors equipment to ensure it is properly functioning. Reports mechanic problems to maintenance area and may provide hands on support in remedying situations as needed.
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly records for compost, wetlands and lagoons.
- Participate in semi-annual inspections with ODA, EPA, County Health Department.
A little about the business: Agri-Inject, Inc. is a premier manufacturer of irrigation injection equipment located in the heart of one of the most productive agricultural counties in Northeastern Colorado. We develop and manufacture a complete line of equipment for applying agricultural chemicals and fertilizer into any irrigation system.
What you would be doing: The Primary Role of the Sales Director is to grow the capability of the organization’s sales team nationally and globally to meet the company’s objective. This is an active management role where the individual is required to assess, develop, and train the sales team with an ability to perform research, identify target market segments and to act as a “Business Builder” for current and future dealers. This position requires approximately 10-15% of overnight travel throughout the year.
- Degree preferred but not required
- Experience in the agricultural industry is preferred
- Must have direct management of sales team members and sales process experience.
- Direct experience in marketing and sales promotions.
- Strong understanding of sales processes and strategic sales growth methodologies both domestic and international.
- Must have the ability to develop strong relationships with dealers, OEM’s, regional managers and sales agents to drive sales growth.
- Must understand and have the ability to learn how Agri-Injects equipment and methods can benefit the industry that we serve.
- Required to develop the industry knowledge to become a “Business Builder” and educator to our dealer network, OEM’s and customers.
A little about the business: Tessenderlo Kerley, Inc., is a company of diverse businesses unified by shared values and vision. We serve the agriculture, mining, industrial and water reclamation markets with a broad range of products and technologies, worldwide. Serving these customers well is a passion and a commitment-one which the people of TKI find rewarding, empowering and meaningful.
What you would be doing:
- Align with and personify the company’s purpose statement and value proposition.
- Research and identify sales opportunities for TKI Crop Vitality products within the Southern Plains.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals or quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Develop quarterly and annual sales forecasts focused on crops grown in the Southern Plains.
- Supply management with oral and written reports about customers’ needs, problems, interests and offers from competitor’s pertinent market intel.
- Provide sales support and agronomic insights to existing dealers in the territory.
- Schedule, organize and execute TKI Crop Vitality product presentations to distributors, retailers and growers.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions and providing follow-up service.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant nutrition or other life sciences is a plus.
- Possess or willing to obtain a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) license.
- 2-3 years of field experience in plant nutrition, soil science or other agricultural related science – technical understanding of plant nutrition is essential.
- Experience in contract negotiation and demonstrated success in an agricultural product sales role.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem-solve and determine solutions for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak knowledgeably while presenting product information to both small and large groups.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
A little about the business: CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
What you would be doing:
- Manage the daily lab functions to insure product is within acceptable standards
- Oversee and execute analytical lab testing of product samples
- Inspect raw materials, lab equipment calibrations, sanitation, and wastewater
- Monitor plant sanitation, food safety, and product quality across farm and packing operations
- Report and investigate quality related incidents
- Assist with supplier and product evaluations
- Collaborate with production employees to meet food safety and quality parameters
- Track field, lot, and storage numbers for product trace-ability
- A completed Bachelors of Science in an Agriculture, Quality, Science or related field
- 5+ years’ work experience in an agricultural lab
- Experience with chemical/microbiological laboratory analysis
- Knowledgeable with HACCP, food safety, food quality and employee safety programs
- Proficiency with Windows programs
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and communicate well.
- Able to work in a variety of environments
- Fully Bilingual in English/Spanish, both written and verbal strongly preferred
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.