Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 6-10-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Welcome to CBD Ranch. We’re an expanding fourth generation, family owned and managed farm located in Northeast Montana in a small close-knit community. We’re very passionate about our crops and livestock and pride ourselves with a team that shares our farming passion.
What you would be doing:
- Operate farm and heavy equipment for seeding, haying, harvesting and trucking.
- Shop work such as repairing and maintaining equipment, welding, etc.
- Feeding, sorting, chasing, vaccinating, fencing and other general care for livestock.
- Calving checks.
- Other general duties around the ranch as necessary.
- Passionate about the agriculture industry, or have relatable skills and looking to get into farming
- A hard worker that can work independently or with others
- Someone who enjoys working outdoors and are comfortable with the longer hours especially during peak seasons
- Comfortable around heavy equipment, livestock, and are mechanically inclined
A little about the business: What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation with farming and rural values? Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. (FBN)!
We are proudly Farmers First℠. FBN is an independent and unbiased network of thousands of American farms. By enabling thousands of farmers to work together, anonymously and securely to democratize information, the FBN network is helping our members level the playing field and putting power back into farmers’ hands.
What you would be doing:
- Product demonstrations and presentations directly to farmers.
- Collecting data directly from the farmer after signup.
- Use FBN’s instance of Salesforce to manage, prioritize and document all interactions and sales processes with farmers.
- Organize and manage farmer information and sales events with existing, local FBN farmer advocates.
- Plan and conduct meetings to train FBN members on the use of the system and best practices needed to ensure data quality.
- Document and report suggestions from farmers to improve the product and demonstrate to farmers that FBN listens.
- Represent FBN at various farm industry trade shows/events.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills with a heightened sensitivity to the issues farmers face.
- At least 3 years experience as a district, regional or territory manager selling products or services directly to farmers.
- Knowledge of crop protection products required
- Strong domain experience and background in farming, production agriculture, retail or input sales.
- Comfort managing the inherent fine-line between successfully ‘finalizing the sale’ and being perceived by the farmer as being too aggressive.
- Candidate must be comfortable with technology and ideally the latest precision ag systems; experience with Salesforce a nice to have but not required.
A little about the business: At Firestone Building Products, Nobody Covers You Better. You can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems, landscape and lining projects based on the specific results you need to achieve. We not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise; all backed by a brand you can trust.
What you would be doing:
- Provide proactive leadership and direction to the plant safety and 5S efforts. Serve as a key resource for safety related issues with the goal of sustained zero actual injuries to teammates
- Maintain steadfast environmental regulatory compliance
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the Maintenance Department in all aspects of their work specifically through Gemba walks and observations
- Provide leadership in the development of Maintenance PM’s and working standards and in training teammates to utilize consistently
- Lead continued improvement in teammate relations both within department and cross functionally
- Develop Maintenance Technician training program to build capabilities for new and existing teammates
- Collaborate with other sister sites to solve problems and broadly share learnings
- Lead plant to achieve glide path goals around OEE2, first pass yield, fixed and variable cost, teammate capabilities and world class maintenance metrics.
- Experience in robust reliability system building
- Process Safety Management Experience
- Electrical & PLC experience
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience evaluating existing systems and implementing continuous improvements in a plant
- Strong collaboration, influence, and change management skills
- Excellent team and cross team building capabilities
- Experience in project management and planning with strong written and verbal communication skills
A little about the business: Cherry Central is the industry leader in the processing of tart cherries, apples, blueberries, asparagus and cranberries. We have provided our customers with dried, frozen, canned and custom ingredient products since 1973. Cherry Central member cooperatives represent hundreds of dedicated farmers and numerous preferred processors in renowned fruit-growing regions in the United States, Canada and around the globe. We transform the world’s best fruit and asparagus into a vast array of outstanding products for the retail trade as well as for wholesale markets, including ingredients, foodservice, private label and co-pack opportunities.
What you would be doing:
- Oversee the conversion of raw materials to finished products (mixing, drying and packaging) with minimal waste and labor cost
- Set and monitor clear operational goals, expectations, and KPI’s while leading and developing plant team accountability through coaching, mentoring, and enforcement of best practices
- Approve and oversee engineering projects and changes through recognized project management methodologies
- Implement and lead continuous improvement and maintaining a 5S environment
- Comply with customer service and company standards
- Schedule, maintain and approve production
- Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products
- Review production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, management, or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in progressive management abilities
- 8+ years of supervisory experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications with proven ability to lead and champion continuous improvement, performance metrics, and lean methodology
- Demonstrated passion for employee and food safety, including HACCP
- Solid understanding of the food and co-production industry
- Experience with water treatment plant operations and management
- Experience with ERP and MRP software systems
A little about the business: We are dedicated to making the world of food and beverage better for everyone. Every day, millions of people throughout the world consume foods and beverages containing Kerry’s taste and nutrition solutions. At Kerry, we are proud to provide our customers – some of the world’s best-known food, beverage and pharma brands – with the expertise, insights and know-how they need to deliver products that people enjoy and feel better about consuming. Kerry is a company rich in heritage and resources. Over the past four decades, our focus on changing lifestyles, the globalisation of food tastes and ever-evolving consumer needs has brought us to a market-leading global position. Today, we are firmly established as a world leader in the food, beverage and pharma industries, with 23,000 staff and 100+ innovation and manufacturing centres across six continents.
What you would be doing: You’ll work with the Maintenance team to complete building repairs, equipment installation, troubleshooting and installation, fulfillment of assigned work orders and unforeseen repairs in a timely fashion. You’ll follow good manufacturing practices to maintain inventory, preventative maintenance, good housekeeping and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental laws and regulations. We strongly believe in “Safety First, Quality Always” for our employees, products, and customers. If this is something you’re passionate about also, this could be your next great opportunity!
- Certification of Vocational School, Journeyman card in E&I or Millwright, Associates degree in Industrial Technology or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience in manufacturing (with education) or 6-10 years in maintenance related position (without education) preferred.
- Possess and demonstrate basic technical knowledge of some or all of the following: ◦Stainless Steel Welding/Fabrication
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.