Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 5-4-20
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers’ cooperative headquartered in York, NE with locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. Established in 2003, CVA has over 900 employees and is an innovative leader providing products and services in grain, agronomy, feed, and energy.
What you would be doing:
- Provides customer service in a timely manner via telephone, email or face to face interaction.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and management in order to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Analyzes complaints from customers and provides adequate resolutions.
- Tracks proposed resolutions and follows up with customers in a timely fashion.
- Develops and maintains vast knowledge of the products and services being offered.
- Communicates customer feedback to various teams including Marketing Department in order to improve the overall customer experience.
- Must possess good problem-solving skills by using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Has a good understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to learn how to use software quickly.
- Possesses the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and via text.
- Has the ability to work with others to resolve customer complaints.
- Exhibits self-motivation, the ability to multitask and pay close attention to small details.
- Exhibits the ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure environment.
- Displays the ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems and to perform calculations.
- Use and understanding of fundamental accounting skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents required.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have the ability to develop content for customer/patron and prospect correspondence.
A little about the business: Welcome to Nebraska-Iowa Helicopter! We are an aerial crop spraying business throughout Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa. We utilize state-of-the art application technology, including DGPS guidance systems, Flow Control devices and GIS data, all of which ensure the consistently precise, accurate and on-target applications we are known for. We’re a family owned and operated business where we take pride in working hard and treating all employees as family.
What you would be doing:
- Driving semi-trucks from field to field hauling chemicals and water to helicopters.
- Mixing chemicals – we will teach you how to do this.
- Fixing and making minor repairs to equipment.
- Maintaining cleanliness, neatness and safety of work areas and trucks.
- You have some prior driving experience (trucks, semis, agriculture, construction, or military) and a clean DMV, Class A CDL with hazmat is a plus or willingness to obtain.
- You enjoy being around farming and agriculture.
- You are mechanically inclined and comfortable performing light maintenance.
- You enjoy working independently while functioning as part of a team.
- You are self-motivated, high paced, and willing to work the longer hours.
- You are comfortable utilizing a smart phone / google maps to coordinate getting from field to field.
A little about the business: Agtegra Cooperative is an innovative, farmer-owned grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 6,700 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. In addition to offering grain and agronomy services, Agtegra offers its members aerial application services, fuel, feed, and precision ag hardware and software products and services.
What you would be doing:
- Responsible for achieving targeted origination and sales volumes by supporting origination strategies designed to meet the needs of our producer members, and our origination teams in the field.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of market values, rail freight rates, car costs, truck freight rates, and is the company’s primary contact to cash grain markets such as ethanol plants, exporters, processors, millers, feeders etc.
- Contributes to development of policies and procedures for various activities related to the companies assigned commodity activities, such as: origination, warehousing, contracting, hedging, risk management, marketing, freight and logistics, etc.
- Aids in developing programs to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s grain presence, and works with company personnel to increase origination.
- Promotes company communication efforts at all levels regarding grain market intelligence, grain policies, procedures and grain division direction as it relates to the assigned commodities.
- Establishes budget volume and margins, and is responsible for company wide margin management of assigned commodities.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; minimum of three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (M.S. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing:
- Assist the Assistant Terminal Manager and Terminal Manager with daily operations of facility to ensure housekeeping, safety and compliance are adhered to and take corrective action as needed.
- Manage loading/unloading operations of grain, bin the products properly, communicate with rail/barge dispatching representatives, load out products meeting contract requirements and understand FGIS standards and methods.
- Provide work direction, training, and cross-training for all production and laborer positions and assist with evaluating employee performance.
- Participate and conduct employee and contractor orientation: review facility rules, safety policies and programs, regulations and operational processes.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety programs to meet all corporate and governmental regulations. Maintain all required documentation.
- Work with FGIS on daily and quarterly basis, regarding safety and housekeeping inspections and compliance.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 plus years of experience in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work flexible hours (including nights, weekends and holidays)
A little about the business: Ag Partners provides products, services and market access in the areas of grain, agronomy, feed and petroleum. Formed in 1997, the company represents a joint venture between Alceco, an Iowa cooperative, and Cargill. The company’s locations include retail and wholesale agronomy outlets, grain facilities and feed mills throughout Iowa.
What you would be doing:
- Planning and implementing safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal OSHA rules and regulations.
- Planning and implementing programs to train managers and employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Ensuring proper safety performance concerns are being met through training and cross training of all employees
- Working alongside Feed Quality & Assurance Manager to ensure that all feed locations are FSMA compliant and regularly monitor and evaluate protocol to ensure optimal level of compliance.
- Identifying potential hazards within the worksite through the course of industrial hygiene checks and recommend changes to protect workers, and education employees on how to prevent health problems through the use of safety training programs.
- Inspecting organization’s facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented while working within a defined budget.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior EHS experience is preferred
- Associate Safety Professional Certification (ASP) is a plus.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.