Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 5-27-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer. Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
What you would be doing: We’re Hiring for a Farm Equipment Operator – Sprayer Applicator at our Prosser, NE (about 100 miles west of Lincoln) location. You would be responsible for the safe and legal application of plant protection and fertilizer products to a wide range of crops and field sites. The applicator calculates product and carrier quantities, properly mixes and applies plant protection and / or fertilizer products using various types of application equipment.
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing:
- Manages employees at the location.
- Manages the customer base through excellent customer service and customer relations.
- Oversees finances for location.
- Responsible for retail sales and operations of grain, liquid and dry fertilizer, chemical, seed and ACS.
- Maintains fiscal responsibility for the location through margins, volumes, asset allocation, expense control and inventory maintenance.
- Oversees the physical assets of the location.
- Regulates the inventory at the location.
- Maintains and promotes a safe work environment.
- Above average speaking and writing skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to manage financial resources, operational resources and personnel resources.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
A little about the business: Agtegra Cooperative is an innovative, farmer-owned grain and agronomy cooperative with more than 6,700 active member-owners in eastern North and South Dakota. In addition to offering grain and agronomy services, Agtegra offers its members aerial application services, fuel, feed, and precision ag hardware and software products and services.
What you would be doing:
- Tender to applicators in the field with filling and other needs that may help maximize actual application time throughout the day.
- Responsible for observing and maintaining the operation of truck and its contents.
- Complies with US DOT drug or alcohol testing requirements, the Agtegra Drug Free Workplace Policy, OSHA regulations, and the Agtegra Vehicle Policy and Fleet Safety Program.
- Completes all Agtegra Truck logs and DOT Truck logs; maintains driver log per I.C.C. regulations.
- Inspects all assigned trucks for defects/safety hazards before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. (Pre/post- trip inspections.)
- Performs basic clean-up and preventative maintenance on all assigned trucks, and other shop duties along with various plant operation and general maintenance and housekeeping.
- Delivers product and services to customers in a timely and efficient manner.
Qualifications: Must be a current holder of a class A or B CDL and safely operate straight trucks and tractor trailer combinations to transport and deliver grain or materials in liquid, loose, or packaged form. Will also perform Plant Operations duties as assigned.
A little about the business: MKC is a full-service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services for both farm and urban customers in 24 counties throughout Kansas. With a current membership of more than 8,300 members, MKC was founded in 1965 by the merger of three neighboring cooperatives in Moundridge, Buhler, and Groveland.
What you would be doing: Plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff and/or consultants to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The Infrastructure Manager will also manage internal and external end-user customer service and support activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and professional fashion.
- Experience managing teams with responsibility for completing projects within budget and on time.
- Experience designing and/or troubleshooting network problems.
- Detailed understanding of IP addressing, IP routing protocols, Internet technologies and standards, Internet security standards, communications engineering standards, web and network access technologies, computer office software suites.
- Networking ability including QOS, firewalls, switches, wireless access points and routers.
A little about the business: CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
What you would be doing:
- Contact small to moderate assigned accounts or prospects to sell products within a territory or by nature of customers
- Secures and maintains distribution of products and/or services and maintains effective agreements.
- Prepares sales presentations, contracts, and proposals subject to review by supervisor.
- Participates in special projects such as major promotions, new product launches, and new marketing initiatives.
- Performs customer service and account maintenance duties for established, stable customers/markets.
- Focus on sales targets, new business development, maintaining and growing customer relationships, conduct outbound sales calls and manage the basics of the business.
- High School degree or equivalent
- 0 plus years sales or related business experience
- Ability to travel up to 10% regionally
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.