Top Agriculture Jobs of the Week
For the week of 5-20-19
AgHires works hard to be the number one resource for top jobs in agriculture. The agriculture industry provides a variety of job opportunities that range far and wide. Take a moment to search through the thousands of current job openings on AgHires.com, and check out this week’s top Agriculture Jobs of the Week below.
A little about the business: Krone North America (KNA), is a subsidiary of Krone, a global, 112-year old, family owned and operated corporation. Krone stands as the global leader in hay & forage technology with North American operations that began in 1973, KNA supports our customers through a network of independent dealers and company-owned stores across the US and Canada.
What Krone has to offer:
- An exciting career path with an innovative forward-thinking company
- Training on our products and personal improvement plans
- Travel nationally and internationally as required
- Modern technology, specialist tools and service vehicles
- A competitive hourly wage based on experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage and optional coverages subject to eligibility requirements of each
- 401(k)/Roth retirement plan
- An Experienced Technician in Agricultural Equipment (5+ years)
- An understanding of Agriculture – Specialist in Hay and Forage is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Computer literate
- Able to operate vehicles and large equipment for diagnostic purposes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Quality Assurance Manager for Maryland & Virginia Maryland and Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association
A little about the business: Owned and operated by nearly 1,500 dairy farm families from Pennsylvania to Georgia, our members have upheld a passion for providing safe and nourishing dairy products for nearly 100 years. We invite you to learn more about our community, our farmers and our promise that we deliver with each and every glass.
What you would be doing:
- Ensure compliance with all quality programs, including SQF, GMPs and HACCP
- Evaluate and assist in developing processes, specifications, and critical control points in manufacturing, for ongoing quality assurance of all finished goods
- Maintain current library for all GMPs, SOPs and SSOPs
- Participate and contribute in continuous improvement of departmental processes
- Ensure that all new regulations (including those related to the FSMA) are quickly and accurately implemented at all assigned facilities and suppliers
- Implement quality assurance programs that effectively monitor product manufacturing in a way that results in company compliance with regulatory SOP, GMP, HACCP and SQF level 3 standards for third party audit and customer product requirements
- Detailed knowledge and track record of successful implementation of food manufacturing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of food product sampling and testing as well as the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance
- Certification and training in HACCP, SQF Practitioner, Preventative Controls for Human Food, Appendix N Antibiotic Testing
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
A little about the business: Wells Equipment Sales is family owned and has been selling & servicing trucks, tractors, farm, and outdoor power equipment in South Central Michigan since 1952. We are located just 25 miles north of the Indiana/Ohio border. We have a positive team environment with a driven team that goes the extra mile to help our customers.
What you would be doing: We are currently hiring a Service Technician – Mechanic in Litchfield, Michigan, to perform basic diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on farm equipment. We repair all makes and models of farm equipment with Case IH being our lead line. If you have experience with heavy equipment, are a hard worker, team player, and bring a positive attitude, this job is for you!
- Experience with farm, construction, military, trucks, or other heavy equipment.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid drivers license is required with good driving record.
- CDL a plus but not required.
A little about the business: Central Valley Ag (CVA) is a member-owned farmers cooperative located in central and northeastern Nebraska. Established in 2003, CVA has 365 employees across our trade area that provides agronomy, grain, and feed services to over 10,000 farmers and ranchers.
What you would be doing: We are currently hiring a Grain Originator for our Milford, NE location. As a ProEdge Grain Originator at Central Valley Ag, you will be responsible for originating grain for Central Valley Ag’s overall position in a profitable manner through direct producer contact. You will be responsible for ProEdge sales activities from lead generation through close in an assigned territory. You will work within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation and long term account goals in line with the ProEdge brand and Central Valley Ag’s vision and values.
A little about the business: MKC is a full-service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services for both farm and urban customers in 24 counties throughout Kansas. With a current membership of more than 8,300 members, MKC was founded in 1965. More than 325 employees play an important role in the growth and success of MKC.
What you would be doing:
- Perform spraying, spreading and tendering duties properly and in accordance with (job orders) delivery tickets.
- Operate and maintain spraying, spreading and tendering equipment properly and in accordance with manufacture’s maintenance manuals and operator manuals. Report need for maintenance work or replacement of equipment to Agronomy Operations Manager when necessary.
- Mix fertilizer and chemicals properly in accordance with quality standards.
- Report inventory needs to Agronomy Operations Manager immediately.
- Invoice all product deliveries promptly and accurately, ensuring all tickets are turned in to the office accurately on a daily basis, ensure all cash receipts are turned in daily to office, and present a copy of the transaction to each customer.
- Current operational knowledge of large and heavy equipment, spray rigs and tender trucks located at assigned location and knowledge of applicable OSHA, State, EPA, and DOT regulations.
- Current operational knowledge of the equipment in the chemical and fertilizer plant.
- Good working knowledge of MSDS information on chemicals and fertilizer being handled.
- Good working knowledge of seeds, chemicals, and fertilizer products.
- Commercial Driver’s License (A) with Hazardous Materials and Tanker endorsements.
- Custom Applicator’s License or ability to obtain.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
The opportunities within the agriculture industry are endless. Whether you are looking to start your journey or take the next step in your agriculture career, there is a place for you. Go to AgHires.com to search thousands of current job openings, ranging from agronomy jobs to marketing jobs to service technician jobs. New jobs are uploaded to our website daily.